17:Rocky and Coffee Tables

Getting home around 5, I pull up finding the house empty. Mom left me a note on the cabinet saying she had to go into work and wouldn't be home until after midnight, and letting me know Ty was over at a friends. Home alone!! I yell happily and skip to the fridge. I pull out the milk carton and carry the half full jug with me. Grabbing the package of vanilla oreos I head to the living room and collapse onto the couch.
I spend the evening curled on the couch eating Oreo after Oreo and chugging the milk out of the jug. I'm in the middle of the fight scene in Rocky I when I hear a knock on the front door.
"Ugh!!! Ill be right there!!" I scream pausing the movie and groaning as I pull my lazy butt off the couch. The knocking gets louder.
"Hold your freaking horses!!" I pick up the pace slightly and accidentally slide into the door because of my socks. I literally face plant the door and fall back onto my butt.
"Owwwww!" I groan again and rub my head. The knocking starts again, but instead of getting off the ground I just yell.
"Oh just open the door!" I groan again holding my head as the door opens. Blue eyes land on me and they fill with concern.
"Oh my god what happene-" Matt pauses and a smirk starts to form on his face. "Wait........ Did you run into the door?!" I start to blush and he bursts out laughing.
"Oh my god!!" He bends over clutching his knees. "You ran into the door!!" He is gasping for air as I stand up and leave him, heading into the living room. I hear him following after me. Plopping onto the couch I grab the milk jug and chug down the rest of it. The couch dips as Matt sits down next to me.
I unpause the movie and its at the part where Rocky's eye is so swollen from the fight they have to cut it.
"Cam I'm really sorry about earlier -"
"Shhh..... No to the left! now right! left again!!!" I yell at the movie. I wave away Matt's apology without a second glance at him. I mean come on, Rocky is amazing.
Matt is silence until the end of the movie and the credits are rolling.
"I really am sorry." He almost whispers. Suddenly I'm angry, it comes out of nowhere but it hits me like a truck.
"Why?! Why are you so sorry?!" Matt looks as shocked as I am with my sudden outburst, but im not stopping. "Why are you sorry?!" I stand up in front of him."What do you have to be sorry for, I mean you're Matt, you can have any girl you want and you usually do, so why are you apologizing to little ole me?!" He stands up and is in front of me, too close.
"Cam it's not like th-" but I cut him off.
"Because I'm just a broken girl who watches too many superhero movies and gets too attached to people who always end up leaving. It's not like I matter to you so why are you acting like I do!?" I shout and I can feel tears fill my eyes.
God, I'm such an emotional wreck. I mean I was fine 5 minutes ago. What the freaking flap jacks is wrong with me. I never cry, and now he's seen me twice.
Matt takes a step towards me but I just back up. I feel the tears start to fall and I wrap my arms around myself.
"Cam....." His voice trails off and he takes another step, and I move back.
But when he comes forward again I don't retreat. Mainly because I'm backed against the coffee table. Mainly.
He takes another step, and at the same time brings his hand up to cup my cheek. Tingles spread from the contact.
"I just don't understand?" I say in a desperate voice. Asking like he has all the answers, but he looks just as confused as I do.
His eyes filled with shock at himself, but also affection for..... me? But I can't come to believe that was for me. His thumbs swipe across my cheekbones brushing away my tears.
I shudder at the touch and find myself leaning into his hands. I start to feel better, no more waterworks that is. But I still have no idea why me and Matt are like this. I close my eyes and take a deep breathe.
When I open them I find Matt's mere inches from mine. I swallow a gasp as he starts to lean in slowly. His own eyes fluttering close as my breath very literally stops.
Involuntarily I close my eyes and lean slowly forward. I feel his hot breath against my face and I can't stop the sparks flying through my body. I mean we haven't even kissed yet.
And then it hits me like a ton of bricks, nope harder.
Kiss.
I jerk backwards, realizing too late I was against the coffee table already.
I fall backwards over the coffee table and crack my head against the side table by the recliner. A sharp pain sears through my skull and I suck in a sharp breath.

Oh no here comes the laughter. A weird tick of mine. When I get hurt. Like seriously hurt. I laugh. I just laugh and probably cry a little, and I have no idea why.

I hear my crazy laughs start to fill the room but my vision is swimming with black, and I can't spare enough attention to be embarrassed.
By now Matt is crouching beside my sprawled form, his mouth is moving urgently but I can't hear what he is saying. Only the pounding of blood rushing behind my ears, and a steady high pitched hum. I slowly bring a hand to the back of my head and more laughter starts when I see its covered in red.
Or maybe its black.
I really can't tell as now everything is becoming blurry and soon I'm encased in darkness. Only the smell of a certain boy reaching me.

This never happened to Rocky.