30: Candles and Condoms

"Happy Birthday dear Cameron- Cam, Ron, Merrrrrrrr"
I laugh as all my nicknames are yelled.
"Happy Birthday to Yooouuuuuooooooo!" Some one hits a screeching high note on the end of the you and everyone grabs their ears as it rings throughout the room. I glance around to see the only persons who's ears aren't bleeding is Dallas. When he sees he's been caught he sends me a wimk before yelling.
"Make a wish Ron!" Everyone recovers from his singing quick enough for me to think of a quick wish and blow the candles out.
As I let out the air a sharp pain cuts through my right side and I can't help but suck in a breath.
Matt gives a me a questioning look but I force a smile.
No one else seemed to notice and as my mom begins cutting the huge strawberry cake the pain dissipates.
I slowly relax as it disappears and smiles as a huge piece of the pink heaven is laid in front of me.
This recipe was one passed through the many generations of my family and it just seemed to get better each time.
Sighing contently at the sugary strawberry goodness someone announces its present time and I cant help but get excited.
Call me childish but I love opening presents, even if the gift isn't necessarily great just the thrill of the opening always gets to me.
I finish my cake by cramming the rest of it into my mouth and plopping down happily on the floor in front of the tv.
Everyone else piles onto the couches and recliners around me each holding the gift they brought.
"Us first deary." My grandma calls after everyone gets settled. "Now I know the car was an early present but we just couldn't resist getting you something else too." She hands me a small gift sack with small dancing cats on it and I can't help but laugh. Pops rolls his eyes and I can't help smiling as I pull out the tissue paper. Inside is a beautiful gold band ring. As I pull it out I see that the gold is actually engraved. But the words are in some language I don't understand.
I look quizzingly at my grandparents before my grandma answers.
"It's Latin, for forever and always." I pull the ring out of the small box and slide it onto my right ring finger it's a perfect fit.
I hug my grandparents tightly before opening some more presents.
I get some new jewelry and a gift card from Sierra, a gift card to the book store from Logan and a list of his favorite books, a bowling for dummies book from Jake along with an Amazon gift card.

All the gifts are great until I get to Dallas's, just my the glint in his eyes I'm already scared to open it.
Slowly I pull out the blue tissue paper and gape open mouthed at what's inside. I grab the closest pillow to me and chuck it at his head. It hits him square in the face and he cries out in surprise.
"Oh come on Ron! They're the Cowboys! It should say Dallas." He winks at me, and if I had another pillow Id throw it at him. Hard.

What other does this looney get me, not a nice poster, not a nice gift card, Noooooooo. This whack job goes and gets me a Dallas Cowboy's matching bra and panties. And what's worse as I move those aside I see a box of condoms. But not just regular ones, ones that are blue and have silver stars in the end and Cowboys written up the side.
"Oh My God!! Who even makes this stuff!!" I yell clutching the bag to me because everyone is leaning in trying to see what he got me. No way in hell am I letting that happen.
"Oh com on Ron, it's a joke." He pretends to think for a second.
"Well who knows you could be using them sometime." He looks at me and then to Matt. Oh shit.

"But anyways here's your real present." He throws me a tied grocery sack and I quickly open it. Inside is a matching set of Dallas Cowboys pj's that look down right comfy.
"Thank you Dallas." I give him a small nod as I try to fight back my smile. Sitting on his gag gift so no one can see it, I move on to my mom's gift.
Tearing through the wrapping paper I'm puzzled to see a manilla envelope. Glancing at my mom she motions for me to open it.
Ripping through the seal I pull out the thick documents and scan the papers.
The more I scan, the more shock grows on my face.
"I'm going to Florida and I get to take 3 people?" When she nods enthusiastically I jump up and scream happily.
Everyone looks so happy until their gazes land on something on the ground behind me and they change.
The reactions range from rage-Caleb, to thoroughly amused-Ty, and horrified -my grandparents.
As I take in their expressions I slowly turn around and assess the damage. And to my horror in my swiftness to get up I kicked the gag gift bag, and its contents went flying out.
All the contents are laid out almost artfully, giving everyone a good eye full of my new possessions.
As I turn back around and see everyone looking at me I know I'm turning red.

Maybe I will be using those condoms soon............................................................ To strangle myself.