14:Aaron and Matt

"Aaron!?" I manage to choke out. What the hell is he doing here!?
His head snaps in my direction and a smirk spreads across his face but it dies when he sees Matt close by my side. Anger flashes through his dark eyes before he quickly pastes on a smile.
"Cami!" He calls as he heads my way. I always hates when people called me that, especially him.
He pulls me into a hug and away from Matt, but I just push him away from me.
"Aaron, what are you doing here?" I grit out. Now Aaron is a sad case. He is a jock, well more like THE jock at my old school. He had asked me out last year when I was a junior and he was a senior.
Everything was perfect at first, disgustingly so. We were the couple everyone wanted to be, well more like all the girls wished they could be in. But then things started to change.
He started making advances on me and when I would tell him to stop he would get mad and leave.
But it was over when he wanted to have sex and I said flat out that no I wouldn't. He hit me.
So hard I had a bruise on my cheek for a week. After that he was always trying to apologize, but I was done. I ended things with him and quit speaking to him. But he didn't seem to get the message as he kept trying to talk to me and one time he even asked me out again. Who in their right mind can't get a simple word like no through their thick skull. I hadn't seen him all summer and I thought it was over especially since I MOVED ACROSS THE FREAKING OCEAN. But of course not, he had to come here too. He's just that psychotic.

"Well I was in town for a college trip and I remembered you telling me this is where you were moving-" he starts.
"I didn't tell you I was moving." I grind out. I hear Matt snicker behind me, well at least someone finds the situation funny. Aaron's eyes cut to Matt and he sends him a glare.
"And who is this? Your next victim?" I slap him. I didn't even really think about it, I just did. And boy does it feel good.

"Excuse me! Victim?!" I yell throwing my hands in the air. "I'm not the one who hit me you dickhead!! I'm not the one who almost raped me you little piece of trash!" I scream. His eyes widen and so do mine. I hadn't told anyone except Ty about the incident. I hear my mom's and Matt's gasp. Putting a hand to my mouth I take a step back. Aaron's eyes are furious as he lunges for me.
"You little bitch!"
Suddenly I'm pushed behind a wall of muscle. Matt pushes Aaron back before he reaches me. But he lunges again. This time though Matt doesn't take the effort to warn him, he raises his fist and cracks it across Aaron's shocked face. He falls to the floor out cold. I thought only people in the movies could do that.
"Are you ok?" Me and Matt both ask at the same time. We both smile. I point at him and raise my eyebrows. Him first.
"Yeah I'm fine. Are you?" My smile slips.
"I'm the same as I was before, so okay is a sufficient word." I whisper. I didn't really mean for him to hear but he does.
Suddenly a set of strong arms wrap around me. I'm instantly enveloped in Matt's amazing smell and the warmth of his embrace. I hug him back shocked.
"Even if you aren't now, you will be okay." He whispers in my ear. I nod against his neck. Pulling back he looks at me before unwrapping his arms. He grabs Aaron's limp arms and try's to drag him outside.
"Goodnight." He says winking my way before leaving the house dragging a limp Aaron. Definitely not something you see everyday.
I look towards my mom to see her eyes glistening with tears.
"It's okay mom. It's over now." I say wrapping my arms around her. She starts to cry and Ty's arms wrap around both of us.
I guess tough times do show us the most important things in life.
After the little emotionfest, I excuse myself to bed, trying to hide the tears from them.
Im not nessacarily crying because of the Aaron incident, I'm crying because I miss my dad. God I miss my dad, so much. I love my mom don't get me wrong but she's a softy. So I'm the one comforting her, and now there's no one left for me. It's times like this that hit me the hardest because it's when his absence is most felt. Sometimes I forget he's even missing.
Tears stream down my face, so I can barely see the knob of my door.
I rush into my room and shut the door, before sliding down the wall with my back against the door as sobs wrack my body.
Why? Why did he have to leave!? Why did the drunk who hit us walk away perfectly fine, but the amazing man who was my father have to die? And why did his daughter have to see it?
Suddenly I feel hands on my shoulders, I jerk my head up ready to scream. But my eyes land on Matt's blue ones, filled with concern. I start to ask how he got in my room but he just shakes his head and motions for me to get changed.
I slowly listen. I head to my bathroom, brush my hair, my teeth, take off my makeup, and slip on a huge Wonder Woman shirt with a pair of long flannel pants. I sluggishly head to my bed my cheeks still damp with tears. I see Matt sitting on the the edge of my bed, and if I hadn't have been so exhausted I would have been killing him with questions. But I have my dad to worry about. And the over the top emotions running through me.
With the thought of him, fresh tears race down my cheeks.
I crawl past Matt sitting on my bed and crawl under my covers. My body shakes with sobs.
Surprisingly I don't hear him leave and even more surprising is when I feel the bed dip before the covers lift and a pair of strong arms encircle my trembling body.
"shhhhhh, its okay." He whispers in my ear. And for some reason with his soothing voice and honest concern, I believe him. For the first time in years there's someone here to reassure me. To reinstall that feeling of hope my dad always did. Because sometime when things go wrong we forget that there is always better times on the other side.

I wake up in an empty bed, and I almost think its a dream until I roll over and catch his smell covering my sheets and pillow.

There's someone there for me, I just have to be willing to let him.