35:Love and Super Powers

"Matt I can walk I swear." He gives me the same look he has the last 15 times I've told him I don't need the wheelchair. Sighing in defeat I wave by to Paula the nurse I befriended as we head to the car. Everyone else is already at the house waiting for us since Matt volunteered to come get me.
After we settle in the car and get on the road I'm suddenly hit with a horrible case of boredom.
"Hey Matt, I'm glad I brought my library card cause I am checkin you out." I add a little Elvis point and click my tongue at at the end for effect.
And while Matt only smiles but I burst out laughing.
"Do you live in a cornfield? cause I'm stalking you." he only shakes his head keeping his eyes on the road. I frown slightly, I'm going to make him laugh no matter what I have to do.
"If you were a Transformer you would be Optimus Fine." Only a hint of smile.
I narrow my eyes, time to bring out the dirty ones.
"I don't have to be a water bender to get you wet." his face contorts momentarily as he holds in a laugh, ohhhh so that's how it's gonna be.
"Are you chemistry, because I want to do you on a table periodically." His eyes widen slightly when I pull out one he used on me so long ago and I can't help but snicker. But still no smile.
"Are you my big toe, because I like to bang you on my furniture." he cracks.
And I can't help but laugh along as he starts laughing so hard I see tears in his eyes.
After our laughter dies down he glances at me a smirk on his full lips.
"Where you trying to tell me something with all those Cam, because if you were I can take a hint." I only mean it teasingly but at my shrug and smirk I swear he steps on the gas.

After many many hugs and tears I'm finally home, tucked safely into my bed. Matt is laying by my side an arm wrapped around my shoulders protectively.
The credits for Good Will Hunting playing softly in the background.

"You know Cam, I was terrified." Matt shifts beside me so we are laying down, my head on his chest and his hand running gently through my hair. "I thought I lost you, and that made me realize just how much I need you........ just how much I love you." The words are barely a whisper but I hear them loud and clear.

Love. Its such a small word. Four letters, two vowels, one syllable, yet it means so much.
I knew what love was, I loved my family, even Caleb, and I knew loss. Because I was in a very bad place when my dad died.
And thinking about it now, I realize if I lost Matt I would be the same way, possible worse.
Somehow this dorky bad boy had weaseled his way into my heart. I hadn't even realized how much I had grown to depend on him in the past months but I had. He is the glue that not only mended my broken heart but is holding it together now.
And I realize without a doubt in my mind that I love this boy beside me. Even with his dorky comebacks and weird habits I loved him with everything inside me.

"I love you too Matt."

I feel his sigh of relief, his chest flattening out as the air is released. I bring my hand up to rest on his chest, my thumb tracing patterns.
We lay beside each other in contentment until I finally break the silence with the question I think of all the time.

"Ok so Matt this question is very serious, and I want an honest answer." I feel him nod as his hand travels through my hair.

"If.........you could have one super power, what would it be?"