23:Scratches and Pick-up Lines

"Maam you sit down first, and sir you sit behind her and put your legs on either side." The older life guard tells me and Matt. Blushing I try not to look back at Matt since I know my cheeks are bright red. I slowly slide down into the cool water. The jets propel the water into my legs and I have to grip the sides to keep myself from sliding on into the pitch black tunnel ahead of me.
The water splashes against me gently as Matt slides down behind me.
His legs come on either side of mine and his hard chest is pressed against my back. His arms circle around my waist before we are pushed forward into the dark tunnel.
I can't help but burst out laughing as Matt starts to tickle my sides. I can't see a thing in the pitch black tunnel. It is so dark I can't even see our legs out in front of us.
He continues to tickle me, and soon I'm gasping for air, just for some relief I reach down and pinch his leg.
"Shit!!" I feel him jerk away from me. And suddenly I'm falling into the darkness alone.
It's absolutely quiet except for the water streaming along with me.
"Matt!?" I call. But no one replies. What the heck! I start to panic. What if he got stuck! I flip around onto my stomach trying to see behind me. Pitch blackness meets my eyes. Where is he?!! Suddenly the water swells around me and a warm body slams into me.
For a second we are all water and limbs. I get a mouth full of abs, and a hand slides down my back.
Suddenly a faded light floods the tunnel, and I can see I'm nose to nose with Matt.
Since I had been sliding backwards on my stomach, when Matt slid into me he slid right under me.
Matt's hands are on my back and mine are pressed on his chest. The water rushes around us as the light gets brighter.
I focus back on Matt to see him raising his head slowly up to mine.
Oh my god. He's going to kiss me. We're on a freaking water slide!
My eyes flutter closed as I wait for his lips to meet mine. I feel his hot breath on my face, and I stiffen waiting.
I feel the slightest brush of his lips before we drop into the pool. I'm suddenly spinning in circles under the water.
I feel a sharp pain on my hip as I smack into the bottom of the pool. Just my luck. No kiss and now I've bloodied the swimming pool. Of freaking course.
I come up gasping for air coughing as a little bit of water goes down my throat.
Suddenly my feet are knocked out from under me as Matt slides underneath me. I crash back down into the cool water again smashing back into the bottom of the pool. This time on the other side.
I wince at the sharp pain. Standing up I spot Matt laughing by the edge of the pool. Yeah laugh all you want, he should be thankful I took all the pool beatings. He looks positively uninsured and perfect as always. His hair plastered to his face with the water, making him look younger and care free. The water sliding down his chest. Geez.
I stick my tongue out at him before wading towards the edge.
I shove him away before pulling myself up and out of the pool. I wince as I finally stand up. Looking down at my side to see my right hip scratched and lightly bleeding.
When the cool air hits it I suck in a sharp breath as it starts to sting.
"Crap." I hiss.
"Oh god, Cam I'm so sorry." Matt's worry filled green eyes meet mine. I laugh and swat at his chest.
"You should be you big oaf! I thought your fat butt got stuck in there." A slow grin spreads across his face.
"It was pretty funny though." He smirks, but I can't help but blush remembering our little incident.
"We better get headed home. I mean its already almost 4, and I think we have rode every ride here at least twice." With a light smile I give him a nod before heading back towards the pool with our bags and chairs.
Matt slings an arm over my shoulder as we walk and I can't help but poke his side playfully.
He grins cheekily before tickling my side. I try to squirm away from him laughing but he only pulls me closer and tickles me more.
I'm bent over laughing with both of Matt's hands tickling my sides when a small cough freezes us to the spot.
Both our heads snap up to see a very ticked Aaron standing in front of us. What the hell is he even still doing here. I thought he said he was here for a college trip? What a creepy liar.
I straighten up and throw my arm casually around Matt's waist. Aaron's eyes narrow. Bingo.
"Well my mom always said there were parasites in the water, I just never knew they were out of it too." I sneer. I hear Matt snicker and Aaron clenches his fists.
"And I thought whores like you only worked from street corners."
It's a good thing my arm is around Matt or Aaron would have a face full of my fist.
"What do you want Aaron?"
"Aren't a you glad to see me?" He puts a hand to his bare chest. "Why I don't want anything Cami, but when he breaks your heart just know I'm here for you." With a final sickly sweet smile he turns away from us. He throws me a wink before throwing an arm around a fake blond that had been standing to the side unnoticed and sneering at me until then.
"Why that little son of a bit-" I start to lunge towards his retreating back, but a pair of strong arms wrap securely around my waist pulling me back into Matt's hard chest.
"I know Cam, I know." I look up to see him glaring hard at Aaron's back.
I sigh and slowly pull away, instantly aware at the loss of contact.
"Lets just go home."

The drive home is quiet with barely concealed anger from both of us but not towards each other.
I can't believe that little dickhead would have the guts to walk up to me and insult me after everything that he did.
As for Matt I don't know what he's mad about exactly.
Finally it gets to the point where I can't stand the tension anymore.
"Why was the little strawberry crying?" Oh god kill me now. I'm not really the best in awkward situations.
"What-" Matt looks at me with a look that says he's questioning my sanity.
"Just answer the question." I might as well finish now. I can't embarrass myself much more anyways.
"Uh." He looks utterly confused and I can't help but laugh at how lost he looks. "Why?"
"Because his parents were in a jam." Matt snorts but I full out laugh. What can I say I'm hilarious.
"How about something a little more mature Cam."
I can't help but snort. "And what exactly would that be?" Call me curious. He smirks, and I know I'm in trouble.
"Is your face from McDonalds?" He sends me a wink. "Because "I'm loving it!""
I give him a look but I can't help but laugh.
"Pickup lines seriously?" He only shrugs, with a smirk pulling at the corner of his lips.
"Are you an element?, because you are sodium fine." I can't help but bust out laughing.
"Wow you actually know some chemistry, I'm so proud."
"Please, I'm good at everything." He scoffs.
"Except pick up lines, no wonder you don't have a girlfriend."
He only scowls.
"Ok, ok I'm sorry." I'm not really. "Oh wait I got one."
I clear my throat and he glances my way waiting.
"Are you a parking ticket, because you've got fine written all over you." He laughs, and I hear angels singing.
Oh crap.
What's happening to me.