26: Awkward and Navy

"What the hell!?!" He shouts when he sees us. I roll my eyes before slowly crawling off Matt. I don't care if he thinks we were doing something wrong. He doesn't get an opinion in my book.
"Oh look what the dog dragged in Matt." I don't even look at Caleb as I speak. I offer Matt a hand and pull him up next to me. I hate to involve him in this, but I need his support.
"Oh I could say the same thing missy. Who is he?" I finally look at Caleb to see him glaring daggers at Matt.
"Oh cut the shit Caleb" I spit his name out. "You haven't spoke to me in over two years, so you cannot walk in here and judge me. Got it!?" I send him a glare before throwing open my window and motioning for Matt to go first. He glances worriedly towards me before glancing back at Caleb. His expression hardens but he doesn't do anything more than glare before climbing through the open window sliding into his open one next door.
"Tell mom I'm not going to make it for dinner." I spit out before scooping up my phone and sliding out my window.
Usually I would have been terrified of the potential death looming below me, but with the fury running through me I don't even flinch as I slide across the gap and into Matt's room. I glance behind me once my feet are on solid floor to see Caleb running hands over his face. I slam the window closed and lock it before pulling the string and letting the blinds fall closed to the sill with a smack.
And just because i'm the awkward weirdo I am, I take that precise moment to start laughing like a maniac. But in the middle of my mental moment it hits me my previously favorite brother just walked in on me laying on top of Matt.
Talk about awk-ward.
I mean seriously I just happened to fall and land on Matt, and he picked that exact moment to walk in. I'm the queen of awkward.
Speaking of awkward, when the shock finally wears off I realize that I'm in Matt's room.
Now I've seen it from my room but its way different than what it looked like. The walls are a dark navy while his bed and pillows are a light grey. Okay I officially love his room. Those are two of my favorite colors.
"Sooo....." I trail off when I realize I had just told my brother I wasn't coming home tonight. I mean he could just walk next door to get me, but I know my brother and one thing he believes in is trust and getting the job done his self. Which always worked toward my benefit since he felt that if he told our parents anything he was getting help. So I know he won't be coming to get me until I go back.
"So what do you want to do Cam? And do you want some clothes to change into?" I glance down at my skinny jeans and flannel.
"Movies and yes please if you don't mind." I say after thinking what I really want to do at the moment is just distract myself. He walks over towards the wooden dresser and rummages through the drawers until he returns with some drawstring waisted sweats and an old navy Nike shirt. He points me towards the bathroom and I quickly scramble into it.
Now after I put on Matt's clothes, I almost died. Not only where they the most comfortable thing ever, but they smelled just like him. And holy cheese crackers if I don't love that smell.
I fold my clothes into a neat pile and set them on the bathroom counter. Heading back into the bedroom I see Matt knelt in front of his tv mounted on the wall at the foot of his bed. He looks at me when I walk back in, and I can visibly see his shoulders stiffen and see him take a hard breath. I bounce onto the bed and sink down into the soft comfortable comforter. I literally match his room. What's up with us two and twinning?
"What do you want to watch?" I hear his voice ask, slightly muffled from the comforter I pulled over my head.
"The back of my eyelids." I don't expect him to get the message, so I'm surprised when I feel the bed dip down beside me and the heat from Matt's body press against mine. I'm laying on my stomach so Matt flips onto his side and gently wraps an arm around my waist. I decide to go with the moment and I scoot closer into his side. His arm tightens around my waist, and he presses his face into my hair.
His breath moves my hair as he speaks and I can't help but snuggle my face into his navy shirt covered collarbone. What's with all the navy?
"It's going to be ok Cam. You have to believe that."
I only mumble against his neck before he presses a kiss to my forehead and I feel sleep pull me under. But not before one color flashes into my mind.
God, I love navy.