30

-george pov-

it was later that evening and we all decided to go out for dinner. it wasn't anything fancy. it was just a simple basic restaurant.

about a fifteen minute drive and we finally arrived. we all walked into the restaurant, patiently waiting to get served.

a couple minutes later a young girl walked up, ready to serve us.

"hello! my name is julia and i'll be serving you three today. follow me and we will get you seated" she spoke with a bright smile on her face.

the three of us follow the lady to our table. we sat at a basic booth. i was sitting on the same side as sapnap, and dream was sitting alone on the other side. the wattress left us alone for a couple of minutes to let us decide what we want to drink.

another five minutes later and the wattress finally came back.

"what can i start you guys off with"

"i'll just get a water" sapnap spoke

then dream went. "can i just get a lemonade please"

"of course! and for you?" she said looking down at me.

"i'll just get a root beer" i replied

"alrighty! your drinks will be out shortly"

she smiled and walked away, shoving her notepad back into her pocket.

"so..what are you guys getting to eat" dream said breaking the silence

sapnap planned on getting a bacon cheeseburger. i wasn't really sure what to get. seeing i had no clue what american food tasted like. it would probably taste similar to the food in the UK but a lot of people say it tastes different. so i asked dream what i should get, seeing sapnap was basic.

"get the chicken tenders"

well...maybe they are both basic.

all over tiktok, and all over twitter i see people saying chicken tenders are bad, and the most basic food to get when you go out. but i couldn't be the one to judge, i've never tried them before.

about five minutes later the waitress came back with our drinks. she set them down on the table in front of us, now writing down what we want to eat.

"can i get a bacon cheeseburger, with american cheese, and cooked well done" sapnap spoke

"i'll get the chicken parmesan" dream adds

"and can i just get chicken tenders"

"of course! your orders will be out in about twenty minutes" she winked at dream before turning around.

a look of disgust came across my face. why was she flirting with him. i rolled my eyes trying to ignore what just happened.

i looked at dream who was scrolling through his phone. i smiled, when i felt someone nudge my shoulder.

sapnap...

he looked at me and raised his eyebrows, looking over at dream.

i have him a confused look and shrugged my shoulders.

he mouthed the words 'you're jealous'

i gave him a clueless look in return. i turned away from sapnap, pulling out my phone. i started scrolling through twitter to pass time. except my thoughts kept getting to me. they kept going back to the times sapnap was asking me questions.

--

say you two went to a restaurant, and the waitress, say it's a girl. started flirting with dream and asked him for his number, and he gave it to her.....how would you feel.

probably jealous, mad? idk sapnap how does this help anything?

--

that is exactly what happened.. except she never asked him for his number. at least not yet i hope. was i jealous though? i mean a little? when she winked at him i was mad...and disgusted.

but how did sapnap know. its like he predicted all of this. as if it was a setup in a way.

except he asked these questions when he was trying to figure out if i liked dream... and i told him that i would be jealous. and i was. which proved his point. but even i didn't know if i liked dream.

ever since my stream i've changed. i acted different. i wanted to spend every second of everyday with dream. i would stay up every night just to hear dreams voice. and when we met up that's when things really changed. i would catch my self glancing over at dream a randomly. even sapnap would notice it.

except i'm always in the state of denial. everything that has happened over the past week just perfectly fit together. everything that happened was just another reason for me to think i like dream. the only thing from stoping me from possibly liking dream is him thinking i'm weird. it would permanently ruining our friendship.

imagine how he would feel if he found out his best friend of over five years liked him. he was straight anyways. i would probably just make him uncomfortable.

"georgeee...earth to george" dream called

i looked up at dream, completely forgetting we were at a restaurant.

"are you okay?"

"yeah i just zoned out-"

my words get interrupted by the waitress coming back over with our food. she gave everyone the correct food and walked away.

she kept looking at dream weirdly. i decided to just ignore it.

i took the first bite of my food, not knowing what to expect. surprisingly it was good.

everyone continued eating their food until we were almost done.

the waitress then came back with the check. she dropped it off on the table and walked away. i went to grab the check but dream refused. he didn't want me to pay for dinner.

"george put your wallet away. i'm paying. you're my guest. end of discussion"

"fine. i'm paying next time we go out though"

i watched as dream opened the check book. i could see his eyes looking down to see the total, but he paused. his eyes widened, followed by him leaving a confused look. he left the money the inside of the checkbook and put it at the end of the table. he looked bothered. he looked like he was hiding something.

before we could all get up and leave the waitress came back over to collect the checkbook. she opened the book and smiled at dream. but that smile slowly faded away.

"why did you cross it out?!" she spoke

"i'm not interested. have a nice night" he replied

she grunted before quickly walking away.

i was confused. "dream why is she mad? what did you cross out?"

"her number"

"oh.." my heart sunk. sapnap was right. he predicted all of this. or was this just a test. were they just testing me? because it was definitely working.

we all got up from the booth and i turned to sapnap. "can i talk to you when we get back home"

-----
words- 1120
remember to go relax and drink some water! <333

vote if you're cool ;))