{ c h a p t e r t w e n t y f o u r - t h e t a l k ? }

Chapter's theme song: Whispers- Dave Baxter

Chapter Twenty Four

-Cole Anderson-

"Honey, are you okay? You've been acting kind of odd for the past couple days. Is there anything wrong?" Mom knocked on my room twice, startling me, before welcoming herself inside. I paused my iPod and took off my headphones.

Mom's weight sunk on my bed as she touched my arm with worried. "No, Mom. Everything's alright. Why do you say that?" I asked with curiousity. Yeah, my behavior was maybe a bit off this week but I wanna know how 'I act weird' based on what my Mom sees.

"Well, you've been awfully quiet during our dinners; you keep on pacing back and forth infront of the Smith's front yard; you keep on peeking over Kylie's room. Is there anything you wanna talk about?" she explained and I face-palmed my face due to my stupidity. Damn, I should get better at hiding things.

"Mom," I said with a long sigh, "we broke up."

"Come again?" Mom blinked at me with a skeptical face. "What? Breaking up? Cole, honey, I thought you were with that.. Erica girl? Wow, this is some good news," she leaned closer with interest.

"It's Erin, Mom," I corrected her through her 'honest mistake.' I don't know why but Mom never liked Erin, that's why whenever we'd screw, it's either we do it at her place when she's home alone or rent a hotel room for a night. I always tell Mom I'm crashing at Aaron's and she just buys it. Plus, Kylie's room is like 10 feet away from mine. I'm certain that Erin's moans and screams(especially when she cums) will be not be inaudible and Kylie would hear it. I didn't want her to think of me grosser than what she already had in mind. Okay, sorry for too much info.

"Hold on," I stood up to shut my window and close the curtain. Yeah, Kylie's not in her room; she hasn't been for a few days now too. She did this too when I asked her to be my girlfriend. She wasn't sleeping in her room to ignore me. Because of me, she's probably not gonna be back in her room anytime sooner. But just in case she enters her room while I tell Mom, I don't want her to accidentally hear everything. Yes, our rooms are like 10-15 feet apart and the windows are locked, there's no way she has a super-hearing power and hear everything. Just want to be safe. 

"Sorry if I didn't tell you this but Erin and I broke up a month ago-"

"You guys broke up?" Mom's face was full of delight and a feeling of irritation and annoyance sparked in me. This is what I hate about Mom; she can be judgemental as hell. She doesn't even know Erin and she never tried to get to know her for the sake of her son. We had her over for dinner once and Mom made sure to be really bitchy to make fried chicken that night. Erin's a vegeterian. After that, she would politely decline whenever I'd invite her to our family parties. That was the second and last time she's ever stepped a foot in our house. "What do you mean by you and Kylie broke up? Why didn't you tell me you guys are going out?! I've been waiting for this for a long time now-"

"Yes, Mom. If you wanna hear the rest, you're gonna have to stop interrupting me," Really, Mom's can be a pain in the ass.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," she sat Indian-style and turned her full, undivided attention to me. It's ironic how it looks like she's a little kid asking for a bedtime story and I'm the parent when it used to be the other way around. 

"I don't know if you knew but Erin and Kylie are apparently cousins-" 

"What? Are you serious?" Mom interrupted with a hand on her mouth. "That's...hard to believe. Kylie and Erin are so different from each other!" 

"I had the same reaction. I've dated Erin for a while yet she never mentioned anything about my arch enemy slash my nextdoor neighbor was related to her," I added. "Back to the point, Erin and Kylie hates each other's guts."