{ c h a p t e r f o r t y f i v e - t h e e n d }

Chapter's Theme Song: Belong by Cary Brothers
---

Chapter Forty Five

8 months later...

-Kylie Smith-

Even though Mom left us for Alejandro's father, Paul, Dad, and I handled it well. We never spoke of her again and we tried our best to forget about her.

Yes, you heard that right. She did not even say goodbye to us. She just took off and never looked back. It killed Dad emotionally and physically when I told him everything I heard that night I had a heart attack. I've never seen my Dad look so devastated and broken. Paul on the other hand, also changed. For a twelve year old, he started cussing, treating women as if they were a piece of trash you can discard anytime you want, and his sense of style also changed. He copes the way I coped with my pain. No matter how much I try to convince him out of it, he wouldn't listen. He would simply roll his eyes and leave the room. I've decided that I will let him learn his lesson. I am not giving up on him, but I think that it's best if he learns his lesson by finding out that not all women are like Mom. Pretty sad for a twelve year old to believe, huh?

At home, we searched and throw anything that reminds us of her. It was like she vanished out of thin air. It was like the Mom I knew and loved died and everything spent with her was only a dream. And now, we're waking up.

Alee and I remained friends. Yeah, his mom was always drunk and he remained quiet and kept his walls up, but I was there for him every step of the way. We were going through the same situation and it wasn't fair for me to leave me like him that. Alee and I became friends for the wrong reasons, but no matter what, he's my friend and friends help each other no matter what.

Cole, Brooke, Aaron and I all tried to cheer him up; anything that will make him feel less lonely. Luckily, he seems to be moving on. Lately, he's been spending more time with us lately.

That's right. Cole and Aaron put their differences and misunderstandings aside and forgave each other. After all, they're still best friends and nothing could ever break that bond.

Speaking of Aaron, he confessed to me after I got discharged from the hospital, that he has some feelings for me.

Cole, and I may not be together, but it wouldn't be fair to lead him on to something that isn't going to happen. I see Aaron as a guy best friend and an older brother I never had, and I will not see him past that. It's too weird to even think about it. Cole is aware of it, too.

"I know," he replied after I got done telling him about Aaron's confession.

"How?" I asked curiously.

"Kylie, I'm a guy," his lips curled up into a smile. "I know how they look at girl they like."

Long story short, Cole wasn't mad at all. I didn't want to reject Aaron, because I'm afraid it might jeopardize our friendship, but thankfully, it didn't. Aaron is an understanding guy and he deserves to find a kind girl like he is, someday.

Cole and Alee made up and agreed to put the past behind. Because their best friend got destroyed by a girl, Alee swore to stay away from Erin. Cole said it wasn't necessary because he doesn't care about her anymore, but Alee still did it anyways.

He also told us that the real reason why Erin broke up with Cole was that she was sleeping around with him. Part of the reason why he stays away from her is because he's afraid she might cheat on him too. In Alee's defense, she didn't mention that she and Cole were still dating. Cole only nodded and offered his old friend a handshake. Now, everything is back to normal. The three amigos are officially back.