{ c h a p t e r t w e n t y - t h e r a i n }

LISTEN TO Medicine by the1975 while reading the 'rain' scene ❤❤ (song above)

Chapter Twenty

NOT PROOFREAD

-Kylie Smith-

I'm not stupid.

I know there is something going on between Cole and Alejandro. It's so obvious with the way they look at each other and the remarks they answer to each other; the way they talk. I'm dying to ask Cole but I don't wanna put my nose into somebody else's business.

But he's my boyfriend, shouldn't I have the right to ask?

Still, I don't wanna meddle into people's affairs. What happened between them had nothing to do with me and I should leave it like that. Maybe I'll just wait till Cole tells me what happened.

I was beyond shocked and surprised when he said he didn't want me to 'fall for Alejandro.' How could he think such thing? The curiosity is eating me alive and consuming me but I swallowed it down.

The protectiveness in his eyes... nobody had ever looked at me with such care and gentleness at the same time before. It made me melt and feel something I've never felt before.

Am I even human at all? If I tell you that I never liked anyone before, you would say I'm lying. I mean come on, everybody has crushes. I must be lying to look cooler, right?

Believe me or not, or don't believe me at all because I'm 100 percent sure you won't, I never had crushes before.

How the hell do I never have a crush on someone?! you're probably wondering. 

I never paid attention or looked at other guys. I think everyone's just the same. People will always hurt you no matter what.

But I don't know, I feel something for Cole. It's not the same kind of hatred I used to feel for him before we were like this, but something else. Something that not even I can explain.

It's so unlike me to touch someone. To hold someone's hands with the opposite sex as me. Heck I don't even hug Brooke unless she's feeling really down and she really needs it. I'm not really a hug-type person except to little kids. I don't know what came over me. But I'm glad I did because it calmed him down.

"Can I have some M&M's, oh those Hershey pieces--- gummy worms, a bit of blueberries I guess...and some graham crackers on mine please?" I waited with my foot tapping the ground as Cole ordered. "What do you want?" Cole's eyes snapped on to mine.

Shit, just like I hoped he wouldn't ask.

I hope that he would forget about me and be selfish. I hope that he'd be an asshole and not even bother with me. I hope these because how do I come up with something? I don't want him to get suspicious with my case. I don't know what to say.

"I ate something at the party. I'm kinds still full so thank you for offering. That was very nice of you," I smiled gratefully at him, through my growling stomach.

Your stomach isn't growling, its applauding, I noted myself, feeling like a knife struck to my chest.

He eyed me with questions in his eyes, but he said, "Okay then. I offered," he put his hands up like he was a criminal.

"Yeah and thank you for at least trying to do something nice to me, jackass. I didn't know you can be a human sometimes," I retorted.