When He Sees You Cry

Light Yagami
Your breathing started to get shaky as you started at that failing grade marked in red ink. You were getting upset and even angry to the point where tears were leaking down your cheeks. "How? I literally memorized all of the answers," you whispered to yourself. You placed your hands to your face to keep others from seeing you cry. It was after school, yet you are waiting outside and on a bench for Light. The two of you were going to walk home together again. Even Light helped you study for this test, and you knew how he and his parents felt about receiving good grades. During school hours, you always shut off your phone. Light was trying to contact you as he walked around campus. "There you are. I've been looking all over for you," Light said as hell approached you. "And to think I thought she'd constantly try to find you," Ryuk butted in. When Light saw your flushed face, his expression changed. "Sorry," you sniffled. "I just needed a moment to myself." Light sat down beside you, and that's when you handed him the exam paper. "Ooo, that's low," Ryuk chuckled. Light huffed, then crumbled up the paper. "Is this what you're crying about? A test?" You nodded, but you stared oddly at him. "Aren't you upset with me?" you asked. "Upset with you?" "I studied so much with you, and I ended up failing. I figured you'd be upset with me because I basically wasted our time." Light's cheeks tinted pink. He felt flattered by your worry of disappointing him. Like a server to their God. Light then smiled and he took your hand in his. He kissed your knuckles, then your forehead. "You have nothing to worry about. You didn't fail me. I too made a low score that I wasn't expecting."

L Lawliet
Whenever you would work too late of a shift when housekeeping, you'd stay the night in Lawliet's room. Tonight was one of those nights where you did not feel like taking that long drive back to your apartment. You had a change of clothes in one of the drawers of the dresser. After slipping on a pair of pajamas and convincing Lawliet to join you, you ended up falling quickly asleep to your hair being played with. Once you were in a deep slumber, Lawliet went back to what he was doing before and normally doing. He was reviewing the footage of each detective's house, while he started on his third bowl of strawberry and banana pudding. After hearing you whine, Lawliet paused in motion and listened again for you to make that noise. When you did so, he crawled out of his chair and hovered over your sleeping form. He stared at you in curiosity like a lost puppy. "Are you alright?" Lawliet asked. "Are you having a stomach ache from all those chocolate strawberries?" When you didn't answer, Lawliet squatted down to where his eyes aligned with your sleepy face. He hesitated to wake you up, but when he tried you started crying. "Ah, a nightmare. It is said that sugar gives people nightmares." Lawliet crawled back in bed and pulled you into his chest. He started to play with your hair again as you unknowingly sobbed. "I won't tell you that you cried. I won't tell you that I comforted you. I've come to learn that you don't brag about how you prove your love to someone." Lawliet kissed your forehead and gave you gentle scratches below your ear. "Best advice ever from a fortune cookie," he whispered.

Mihael Keehl
When Mihael unlocked the front door of your apartment and walked inside, he did not expect to see you standing right there. Your arms were crossed and your eyes were squinted and glaring towards him. You were angry. "What the hell?" Mihael mumbled. Your lips then started to tremble, and those tears you've been holding back for hours finally spilled. You crashed into Mihael's chest and hugged him tightly as you sobbed. "What's your deal?" he asked. "You're such a fool. You really have no idea how much I care about you," you whispered. "I thought I lost you. I hate that stupid bike you have!" Earlier this evening, you were watching the news while enjoying a snack. You were trying to find a show you liked, but the channel played in the background. After hearing about a motorcycle accident happening not far from where your apartment was, you panicked. You tried calling Mihael to see if he was alright, but he wasn't answering his cellphone. For hours, you worried. The news channel didn't clarify who was injured, so that made the situation worse for you. You waited by the front door. It was nearly ten, and that was the time Mihael usually arrived home. Thank god he did. Mihael didn't know what to say. Instead, he only stood there and accepted your hug. He patted your back gently before you pulled away and shoved his arm.  "Why weren't your answering your cell?! You scared me!" Mihael only sighed, but there was a smirk sneaking onto his face. There were tears still in your eyes and streaming down your puffy cheeks. "My bad," he mumbled. "I'll keep it charged." After kissing your forehead, he headed to the bedroom. You locked the front door and wiped your face. You were embarrassed for crying, but it was understandable. "That chocolate-loving idiot," you groaned.