How He Hugs You

(I relate to that meme 100% thank gosh I'm done with freaking school)

Light Yagami
It's obvious that Light isn't the best at displaying public affection, but that doesn't mean he won't accept a hug from you at any time and give you one when necessary. Although, each hug does have a special meaning behind them.
For example:
Front Hug: To comfort you, to make you feel safe, in greeting, and before parting ways with you.
Behind Hug: In an apology, to comfort himself, or to keep you from leaving his side.
One-arm Side Hug: To show others that you are his, and to keep you close to him when feeling unsure about a situation.

L Lawliet
Believe it or not, but Lawliet is very over-protective of you. Sure, he won't always admit it, but he'll have a hold on you at any chance he'll get. He says he's not the best at displaying affection, but he definitely does when all of his hugs show special meaning to them.
For example:
Front Hug: In greeting, to comfort you, or to keep you from leaving his side.
Behind Hug: When he feels his surroundings or presence threatened, to comfort you, to make you feel loved and guarded.
Waist Hug: In an apology, to comfort himself, or to keep you from leaving his side.

Mihael Keehl
It's hard to imagine that Mihael is the most affectionate when it comes to hugging you. As much as he doesn't admit it, you assume that he's embarrassed by himself getting flustered by hugs. There are meaning to each hug, and that makes them special.
For example:
Front Hug: When he feels his surroundings or presence threatened.
Behind Hug: To keep you from leaving his side, to make you feel safe, and to make you feel warm.
One-arm Side Hug: To show others that you are his.

Nate River
Now, Nate doesn't cling to you as much as he seems like he would. He is protective over you, but not in a way that would invade your space. He will accept a hug from you at any time and anywhere, but each hug of his does have a meaning behind them.
For example:
Front Hug: To comfort you, to make you feel loved, to calm you down if you're upset or frightened, or before having to part ways with you.
Behind Hug: To make you feel protected, and an in surprise greeting.

Mail Jeevas
No one would have assumed that Matt always has his ways of claiming that you are his. With that being said, he'll always have a hold around you. Each hug does in fact have a special meaning behind them.
For example:
Front Hug: Before parting ways with you, in greeting, to comfort you, or to comfort himself.
Behind Hug: To show others that you are his, to make you feel protected, and when he feels unsure of his surroundings.
One-arm Side Hug: In a reminder that you aren't leaving his side at that moment.

Teru Mikami
Of course, Teru is a hugger when it comes to you. He does get flustered, but he's not shy about showing his affection to you.
For example:
Front Hug: To make you feel safe, to warm you, before parting ways with you, and to comfort you.
Behind Hug: When he feels his surroundings threatened or to comfort himself.
Waist Hug: In an apology, to comfort himself, or to keep you from leaving his side.

Touta Matsuda
There's not a doubt that Touta is a hugger when he comes to you. He's a gentle, lovable person after all. He'll hug you at each and every chance, and he could care less about who's around. Each of his holds around you does have a special reason behind them as well.
For example:
Front Hug: To make you feel loved, warm, protected, and to comfort you.
Behind Hug: When he feels his surroundings threatened and to show others that you are his.

Raye Penber
Who would have guessed that Raye could be the type to get jealous easy and clingy during some situations? It's no surprise, but you know that he has his own meanings each time he puts his arms around you.
For example:
Front Hug: To keep you from leaving his side, to make you feel loved, and to make you feel safe.
Behind Hug: When he feels his surroundings threatened, or to comfort you in apology.