When The Two Of You Become Friends

Light Yagami
"Ooh, isn't that the girl that got robbed?" Ryuk mumbled. "Nows your chance to be a hero." Light glared at the Shinigami following him on his way home from the convenience store. You too were on your way home but from a friend's house. The break-in happened a few days ago. Your parents were still out of town, but you finally dared yourself to return home. "Hey!" Light softly called out. When you stopped walking and turned around, you nervously smiled at Light. Honestly, you are still embarrassed by how you looked when you first met him. "Thought we could walk home together," Light said. "How cheesy." "Well, thank you. I appreciate that," you said. "That's a lot of apples." When you glanced down at his bag, you saw the red apples nearly overflowing from his bag. Light chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders. "I like apples." You smiled at him, and that made you feel relaxed and comfortable around him. "Well, don't waste your money. My mom has an apple tree in the yard. Just lean over the fence and take as many as you like." "Ooh, I like her. Let's keep her." "I'll keep that in mind," Light smirked.

L Lawliet
Today, you were a waitress for the hotel's café. As you were wiping down tables and trying to keep the place as tidy as you could before more guests arrived, the bell rang at the counter. "Welcome, I'll be right-. Oh, it's you," you smiled. The man you encountered a few days ago was known as L. He was involved in an investigation team on the most talked-about Kira-case. "It's me," L mumbled. "Two hot chocolates please." When he sat at the table you recently made shiny, you huffed and tossed the rag over your shoulder. You then made two hot chocolates and brought them to him. "Aren't you going to join me?" L asked. He then squinted are your name tag. "(Y/n)." At first, you weren't going to, but you were exhausted. He then slid one of the mugs to you, and that made you smile. "I'm not so bad after all, huh?" L softly joked. As you took a sip of the beverage, he slightly smiled and gave you his full attention. Time went by as the two of you talked about your work. Little by little, you were warming up to him and he was warming up to you.

Mihael Keehl
After finally telling that jerk of a boyfriend you were finished with him, you headed back to your apartment on the other side of the city. Yes, you were in tears. However, they were tears of anger rather than heartbreak. It was late, and like usual the streets were still packed and the road was still busy. You waited for the crosswalk to light up, and when you did you walked across the street. Until that same bike from weeks ago slammed on his breaks. This time, he stopped right beside you. "Get on," he said. "What?" "Get on." You backed away, then continued to walk in the same direction as before. The stranger did a u-turn and pulled up beside you. "I don't know you," you said. "I'm better than that guy you're dating." "He's an ex now, thank you." The biker drove into the sidewalk and blocked you. He then pulled off his helmet and revealed himself. "Names Mello," he said. "(Y/n)," Mello smirked, then placed his helmet back on, but kept the plastic shield up. "Now that we know each other, hop on." Again, you were going to refuse, until you heard your name being shouted by your ex-boyfriend. "Fine. Just get me away from him." "My pleasure," Mello whispered as you sat on the back seat of his bike.

Nate River
Honestly, this job wasn't as interesting as you thought. Yes, the Kira case was world-wise popular, but there has been no new information on the murders. Near and the other members were out and investigating the chief's son. As they were gone, you were ordered to monitor calls and cameras for leads or suspicious activity. With that being said, you were bored out of your mind, until you came across a box of dominoes. "Why not?" you mumbled. As minutes passed by, you were stacking dominoes. You managed to build a tower until the door opened. You jolted and caused the dominos to scatter everywhere. "Near! I'm sorry! I was." "No need to explain," Nate mumbled. "I too get easily fascinated by trinkets." As you started picking up the dominoes and placing them in the box, Near was doing the same but setting them up in a line. "Would you like to see a way I build towers?" You grinned and scooted closer to him. You then started handing him dominos one by one. "I enjoy your company here," Near mumbled. "I enjoy working here. Even on days like this," you told him.

Mail Jeevas
Matt removed the cigarette from his lips and puffed out the smoke as he started to grin. "It's the cutie," he mumbled to himself. As he was waiting at a stoplight in his car, he saw you approaching in the rear-view mirror. You were going through the photos on your camera as you were walking from the bus stop. Your apartment was another two blocks away, but you enjoyed the evening walks. Matt flicked his cigarette out the window, then made an illegal u-turn and pulled up beside you. "Hey, there. Do you mind if I give you a ride?" You were surprised to see the young man you met a week ago. You smiled at him but hesitated to get into the vehicle. "I'm not sure. I wouldn't want you kidnapping me," you said. Matt shrugged his shoulders as popped open the passenger door, which was facing you. You then took a photo of him. "Just in case." "My name is Matt," he said with a grin. "Make sure you put that under the photo when you hang it on your wall." As he gave it a ride home, the two of you talked about who one another was. He was sweet, and you became very fond of him.

Teru Mikami
After seeing a familiar face on the bus the next morning, you grinned and quickly rushed over to him. "Excuse me," you said. When the young man looked at you, he closed his journal and gave you a welcoming smile. "Hi. And yes, you can sit by me," he said. Once you sat next to him, you removed a paper bag from a much larger bag. "I wanted to thank you for what you did yesterday," you said. "I took a while guess here, but everyone loves cinnamon rolls." Teru was surprised by your kind gesture, and he accepted the gift of a tasty dessert. "How sweet of you. It's not every day I come across someone this kind." You were next to feel flustered. "I'm (Y/n)." "Teru." After the two of you introduced one another, the bus ride was nothing but a way for the two of you to chatter. You mentioned your job and hobbies, as he mentioned his place of work and how he sees the world. Overall, the morning started greater than any other day.

Touta Matsuda
"Um, excuse me?" When you glanced up from your paperwork, you seem Touta standing there. He was nervous and trying to avoid eye contact with you. "Yes?" you asked. It's been nearly a week since L assigned you to work side by side with the police force. You were a spy for him in a way. You had ears and eyes on every member of the force on a day to day basis. "It's lunchtime. I haven't seen you leave your desk, so I was wondering if you'd like to go get lunch with me," Touta said. After glancing at your watch, you sighed. You had no idea that you've been working nonstop for hours. "I'm not sure if you know the area, but I know a good fast food place a few blocks from here," he suggested. You capped your pen and smiled at Touta. When you did so, he felt less tense about talking to you. "I'd love to. You're very sweet. Shall we walk? Or would you like to go for a ride?" As you jingled your keys, Touta flushed out of embarrassment. "Oh! I-I wouldn't mind!" he chuckled. You laughed because you were already fond of this young man. "Then let's go!" you cheered.

Raye Penber
"Well, well," you grinned. "Looks like we take the same subway." After gearing that familiar voice, Raye glanced up from his laptop only to see you sitting across from him. Unfortunately, he was in a position where he couldn't speak to you. He was under watch and receiving instructions through an earpiece. "Who is that?" Kira mumbled. "The woman from the diner. My waitress," Raye replied. You furrowed your brows to the way he remembered you. "It's (Y/n), but I guess the waitress is fine too," you laughed. "So you decided to take the subway as well? My car ended up breaking down or something. It wouldn't start this morning." "Don't let her distract you. If you even signal her or mention anything about any of this, I'll kill her." Raye looked back down at his laptop and started to work again. You, on the other hand, felt a bit ignored. When you noticed the earpiece, you realized that he truly might have been busy. After all, he was going over a file at the office, and seemed like he worked for the law. "Right, I'm sorry to bother you. Um, I didn't know you were wor-." "Write down your number," Raye quickly spoke. "It's nice to meet you, but I need to get off this subway soon." You were a bit shocked, but you immediately wrote down your name and number. After you handed it to him, he left his seat and exited onto the platform when the train stopped. "That's the fastest way I gave out my number."