The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 9)

There I went again. I heard myself scream once again and the wall came closer and closer until the sand hand caught me and Robin put me back on the ground. Robin was getting tired as well so the sand dropped me right on my derrière in the sand. I got up and wiped the sand of my butt, ouch that hurt.

I walked back over to Robin, who still stood there with his sword in his hand, and I picked up mine. Looking up I noticed that Robin was looking paler than usual and he was sweating, which I had never seen. He was breathing heavily and it looked like he had trouble lifting his sword.

I guess I didn’t look better; my hair was sticking to my face and neck and my shirt was glued to my back because I was sweating too much.  My legs could barely hold me and my left arm, the one I held my sword with, was almost impossible to lift. I didn’t know what my eyes showed but Robin’s showed his fatigue; I knew it wasn’t true, I knew that as soon as he would launch he would have enough strength to fight me again. But did I?

Robin inhaled deeply and launched for me again. I didn’t even want to block his attack; clearly my body didn’t want to lose so easily. I raised my sword to block his again; as they hit my arm hurt but somehow I had regained a little strength. I was too tired to attack so I kept blocking his attacks.

Once every three moved Robin would spin and choose a random side to attack me and I could barely defend myself. As he turned again I chose the moment to attack him at his right arm. I hadn’t meant to cut him but I did. He didn’t seem to worry about but I knew the cut would weaken his arm.

He didn’t even back down, he came at me even harder. I blocked his sword and tried to push it back, starting to attack myself. He blocked my attacks just as I had done with his. Then he did something I hadn’t expected.

He fell onto his back, or rather dropped onto his back.

I couldn’t help myself. I looked at him in surprise completely forgetting we were in the middle of a fight. He hadn’t forgotten; he kicked me right in the stomach and hard. This time I didn’t go flying; I just stumbled back a few steps. Robin got back to his feet and as I was folded over my stomach, dragon that hurt, he came closer.

I lifted my sword in time as the blades clashed I had to take another step back. The swords crossed again and Robin somehow managed to get mine in his hand behind my neck and his own at my throat.

Holding my breath I waited for Robin to take a step back. That was when I fell onto my knees; my legs couldn’t hold me anymore. At least he hadn’t sent me flying towards the wall again.

“Could you go for one more?” Robin asked. Was he crazy?!

“No, I can’t even stand anymore.” I got out as I tried to catch my breath.

Robin didn’t reply. He sat down as well and crossed his legs. He was breathing hard as well but he didn’t seem as dead as me. He looked at my arms; there were several cuts in them and tomorrow they would be blue. Bad! If my father would see it he would be so mad; the royal families would be arriving tomorrow.

“You want me to heal them?” Robin asked. I was about to retort that he had to keep out of my head but the look on his face told me he hadn’t been in there.

“Yes please, if you have enough energy left.” I mumbled.

“Of course, unlike you I could go for another fight; but since your legs can’t hold you anymore I think I’m going to have to carry you back upstairs.” He smiled, he knew me well enough.

He whispered something and he passed his hand over my left arm; I could feel water operating inside my arm. It was cool and refreshing. Robin passed onto my right arm and did the same. The cuts healed and the painful spots that would become bruised disappeared. As he did that I lifted my hand so it touched the cut I gave him; now it would heal as well.