The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 20)

Okay so just before I give you the next chapter I want to say YAY!! xD Chapter 20!! 20 chapters already!! I'm happy!! Thanks for all reading so far already and please keep on reading!! Thank you all!!

And now the story =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emeraude --> French for Emerald... obvious or not!! xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was as if water was guiding my arms and the spirit of the sword was speaking through me. It was as if they had taken over but I still moved my arms on my own. It made no sense. It was as though the voice of my dragon whispered to me what I needed to do and water told me what to say.

In the blink of an eye I had moved the tip of the golden blade under Prince Ron’s chin and the tip of the silver blade was on the knight’s chest. I didn’t even bother looking at the knight because I could feel every move he made though the blade of the sword. I had never paid attention to it but whenever I was fighting Robin and the blades would clash, I always felt something coming from his blade. Now I realized it must have been the force he put into his arm and through his arm into the blade.

“Like I said; a lot can change in just a few weeks.” I said with a smile.

My attention was focused on the prince. He seemed totally taken aback by what had just happened. His Mage had assured him I was unarmed and yet here I was, holding a double bladed sword to his throat. It had appeared and moved to its position in mere seconds.

There was something else I saw in his eyes, I couldn’t quite tell what it was. It seemed as though he was putting things together, trying to remember some crucial information. From the corner of my eyes, I could see the knights and the guards taking a step forward, raising their swords but they were clearly afraid to do anything.

“I’m not staying here so don’t get the wrong idea.” I said. This was entirely me saying it, water only said I should mention the fact that I wasn’t staying. Since nobody reacted I went on. “So can somebody get me Derek’s head so that I can leave since you clearly are not planning on turning around?”

Again nobody moved and said anything until Prince Ron snapped the order. He was clearly getting nervous with the sword on his throat. I knew that this dragon sword had been made for me. That was why it felt so light to the touch; I could never have held a heavy sword this long. It seemed effortless.

“Don’t blame your Mage for not seeing this one coming.” Water said through me. “The sword wasn’t here until I invoked it.”

“Your Highness?” One of the knights said. I didn’t know if he was talking to me or to Prince Ron since the title worked for both of us. I let the prince answer to it because I never like being called like that; even the ‘princess’ used by most people was not welcomed.

“What?!” He snapped.

“That sword. It looks a lot like the one…” The knight trailed off. He must have been the smartest of them all, or at least the one with the best memory.

“That is the sword of that dragon knight that has been irritating us for the past few days.” Another knight finished. I rolled my eyes at that; I wasn’t irritating them, I was simply trying to make them go back home. Okay and I was letting Zjarr have some fun. That’s not the same as irritating them.

Nobody saw my eye roll for which I was glad; it would have given me away right there. Now I could feel all eyes on me just as Prince Ron turned his gaze back to me. He looked at me as if the answers to his questions were written on my face.