The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 3)

When I finally opened my eyes, the sun was coming up already. I tried to sit up but abandoned the gesture feeling that my head hurt. I noticed that I was still in the forest but somehow lying on something soft and warm. I figured it had to be Zjarr since I felt a warm steady wind breeze threw my dress. I just laid there for a second, looking at the trees, wondering why I never noticed that they were so tall and their leaves so green. I was really surprised to hear a voice in my head saying thanks. I was going mad, that was for sure. I just kept hearing voice in my head.

I tried to sit up again and this time I manage to sit straight against Zjarr’s leg; I had been resting on her claw. Looking at my dragon I instantly noticed something was different. Although her scales had gotten back their color; that was not the big difference. But I couldn’t put my finger on it.

Suddenly Zjarr opened one of her golden eyes, looked straight at me, before opening her other eye and raising her head.

“Good morning, little Princess.” She said before turning her head and yawning.

“Uh, good morning.” I said a little confused.

Zjarr looked at me for a long time. It was like passing an exam, her eyes piercing right throw me but I was unable to move, even though I really wanted to.

“Do you remember what happened last night?” My dragon finally asked me.

“All I remember is the light and a voice saying she was Tien. Then everything went black… I think.” I answered unsure.

“You remembered correctly.” Zjarr assured me.

“But that doesn’t tell me what happened. And I would sure like to know.”

“These ruins were part of an ancient temple built hundreds of years ago by a small group of humans. They built it because they believed in a prophecy telling that one day one individual of each race would come to protect them.” She started to explain.

“But there are more than three races on this earth.”

“They didn’t know that at the time. There were only humans, dragons and elves, the mermaids had not surfaced their lakes yet and the fairies have always been very shy. But these three heroes were supposed to protect everyone one this earth so some think that they are included as well.”

“Please explain to me what this has to do with last night.”

“Okay, be patient, little one. After years the temple was forgotten and slowly the forest took back the space. These ruins are what is left of it, but only on the outside. On the inside there is still magic, magic that was only supposed to come out when the three chosen heroes had come, all together on this drawing.” She looked over to the drawing where Robin had stood. “A human girl as shows this flower, a dragon bonded to her as shows the flower over there and one elf as shows the last flower.”

“Impossible!” I almost screamed. “Robin is human, I know that elves have pointy ears and clear eyes and light hair. Robin has normal ears and dark hair!”

“I think your friend had something to hide. He knew very well what could happen if he got on the floor, elves have not forgotten the prophecy.”

I thought about it for a second. It couldn’t be possible, could it? I had known Robin since I was little, I had watch him train since I could run away from my nanny and hide in the arena. I had known his father, who had to by human. But then I recalled the conversation between my father and Sir Jamshid about Robin having to go back to Álfar. And as I searched deep in my memories, it was clear that Robin had always been the same; he hadn’t changed in nine years.