The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 42)

Okej, well I have one little vocab word.... the capital of Sable Sucré. Since the name of the kingdom is in French I took another French word.

Sablier --> Hourglass in French.

Now enjoy, please =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To say that Air was furious was an understatement.

She had been ranting for over an hour. She kept slamming her fist down on the table making it fly up and everything that was on it fly off. The other elements had lived for so long with Air that they knew it would be over sooner if they just let her get all her anger out and didn’t try to stop her.

Earth was lucky. He wasn’t around to watch Air blow everything around in the room. She had demanded that he went and got Varteni. She wanted an explanation and she would get one from the Goddess. Of course Air didn’t know, unlike the other elements, that Earth wouldn’t bring her back before she had calmed down. No need to expose an outsider, who wasn’t used to Air’s outbursts, to one of her rants.

Fire had even sent Sofia with Earth, whispering to her that she would come and get her once the young Dragon Knight had found the place she needed to be at. Sofia had gone back to the fields where Ahiga was waiting for her. And where also Zulaykha was waiting for her but only Fire knew that she was kept update on how things were going with the young knight.

Earth on the other hand kept walking to the miniature forest where Varteni lived. As usual he found the Goddess sitting next to the pond she used to keep an eye on everything. Everywhere around her and in the clearing in general roses were blooming. The Festival of Lights was, to the elves, the night that Varteni’s power was strongest. That wasn’t quite true. It was the night that Varteni had accepted the position as Goddess of the elves.

He stood there and watched as she dipped her feet in the pond and smiled because of something she saw.  For days now, she braided her hair and intertwined roses of all colors in her hair. She always did that whenever the Festival of Lights had just been celebrated. Earth liked the way it looked; the sight always made him smile.

Suddenly she looked over her shoulder straight at him with a soft smile of her face. He returned her smile with one of his own and walked over. “I never understand why you always just stand there.” She said, still smiling once he sat down.

“How do you know?” He asked a little suspicious.

“I know because you are related to everything in this little forest of mine; everything here reacts to your presence.” She kept smiling at him until she looked away to the trees around them. “Air is furious. A whirlwind came over a few seconds ago. What happened? Is something wrong with Blanchefleur?”

As she spoke the girl’s name she looked back at him and he couldn’t help but wonder why. Why did she call everybody by their name? It were lots of names to remember. But even Earth had to admit that he remembered the name of every dragon and Dragon Knight there had ever been. Why hers though? She wasn’t an elf and Varteni had never shown a clear interest in Dragon Knights to know names. Or maybe she did know them but he had simply never noticed she did.

“How do you know her name?” He asked nevertheless.

She smiled at him and pointed at the pond. On the surface was a small group of people, elves and a girl who clearly didn’t fit in. Their knight. “She has a prophecy with her name on it but she shares it with one of my elves. I think I have been paying closer attention to her than you or your siblings.”

“What do you mean?”

“I gave her a rose. Look at the two roses on the table. No one can change the color of someone else’s rose, only your own. And look how the second rose changed.” She waved her hand over the water and suddenly he was looking at a dark blue and silver rose and one that glowed with light. When it disappeared the other rose was lighter. No not lighter. More like silver. “Her rose did that.”