The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 24)

Golden dressed soldiers walked passed me, there were so many. The sword was still in prince Ron’s cape and my dragon sword was still at his throat, I didn’t dare moving it with all the knights so close to us. Zjarr circled above us, keeping an eye on everything.

She had given my message to Robin and he was suppose to get the farmers from under the ground. I hadn’t seen him yet since Prince Ron had called his troops back. Santo, the knight under whose command Robin had been during the fights, was standing alongside General Black, General Cross and Peter. They kept an eye on the other knights that surrounded us. Other knights kept an eye on the soldiers that returned to their own camp.

In front of me, Prince Ron was looking at me with a murderous look. Yes, I get; getting defeated by a girl isn’t fun. Well tell the whole world to get ready because with this big prophecy it is bound to happen a few more times.

I just wished they would all hurry up and get back to their own camp because my arms were getting heavy. All I wanted right now was to go back to camp, let Zjarr settle herself somewhere on the other side of the hill and for myself to curl up underneath the heat of her wing. But I probably had other things to do like healing wounds and such. At least I would be in good company if I had to do so; Robin would be helping, I think.

Glancing at the knights behind me, Zjarr above me, they all agreed with a little nod that I could let the prince go. My fingers lost their grip on the sword and it dematerialized in front of my eyes. I walked around him and got the sword out of his cape before facing him again.

“Now hurry up and get out of my kingdom before I change my mind and you go swimming.” I pointed the sword at his chest before tossing it to one of the golden colored knights. “Make sure to give it was to its respectful owner for me.”

With that I walked off to my own kingdom’s knights, or at least the four that were here. We were about to walked back towards our camp when the ground started to rumble and for holes appeared. A little after, the farmers who had been trapped underground appeared and walked toward their camp.

“It wasn’t their fault they got stuck underground, it was our doing.” I told Prince Ron with a smile. I hoped the farmers would pay for that if he knew they weren’t the cause of it.

Everybody walked toward their own camp but I let myself fall onto the group. Sitting cross-legged on the floor I looked around at the damage that had been done to the field. The grass was ripped out of the ground, the earth was stained with red in quite a lot of places. The sunlight was reflected on the armor piece that had been lost during the battle, or that still covered the dead.

A shiver passed through me as I thought about that. There were bound to be dead soldiers on this field and I think that we were lucky Prince Ron valued his life so much. I had been luck to be able to put the sword in his cape and mostly that he hadn’t been able to get rid of it. I knew that I had been pretty damn lucky that entire day.

First I had managed to knock out those two soldiers in the clearing, Zjarr had been able to catch me when I had fallen off. I should thank Tien and the elements for letting me take that one step closer to the Mage who had tried to strangle me. It had been luck which kept me from dying this day; luck and nothing else.

“Princess, get back to camp and see if you can help with the wounded!” I heard a knight yell at me. Looking up I saw Peter. I nodded as I pushed myself to my feet. Talking about wounded maybe I should heal my own arms before I did anything with them.

I was sure I had read a healing spell somewhere, but I didn’t want to take any chances so I sent a request to Water. I think she liked me because before I even finished my sentence I could already feel the healing coolness of the water flowing through my arms. It felt a bit strange but when the feeling went away all the cuts on my arms were healed, and even my legs were fine.