Act 55

@ cslucaris on twitter, his art is *Chefs kiss*

———————————————————————

Within the Outpost of the Locust in the Cratel, Fiona was steadily recovering from the attack during the party for the election. Robyn, being the leader of the Happy Huntresses, as well as the organizer of the even, was glad she recovered so quickly.

Robyn: "penny was supposed to be the protector of Mantle..."

Y/n: "Oh it was not penny Miss Hill."

Turning around, Y/n just entered the medical area in the Outpost.

Robyn: "If it wasn't penny, then who?"

Taking out his scroll, he played a video that was taken during the attack. A camera installed by the assassin's and operated by Maxis and his scientists. Equipt with night vision mode, it's was clear as day that Penny tried protection the people present, and the Scorpion Faunus was to blame.

Y/n: "According to Maxis...Data Mining, his Name is Tyrian Callows, a known Serial Killer, and a prison transport escapee. He's working with Watts, who shut off the lights during your party."

The footage clearly showed tyrian attacking civilians, Fiona, and Y/n himself who summoned the kryll in defense. That's when tyrian cut his fingers off to escape the deadly jaws of the kryll.

As some days passed, mantle was relatively quiet, stronger Patrols to scare the rats a little, Brumak patrolling above, and Corpsers below ground, reaver squads controlling the sky's. The big scream in mantle turned on, as well as all programs shifted to y/n standing between banners of the Horde.

Y/n: "What happened a few days ago, was a tragedy. However, Penny, the protector of Mantle, is not to blame. This footage shows the true culprits behind the attack. Tyrian Callows, and supposedly dead Arthur Watts hide within mantle like the vermin they are. You may life like you always have citizens, but if you prefere to stay inside, do so. And to you two Rats. The Horde will find you, and they will bring you to me. Your judge, jury, and executioner if need be."

The Broadcast ended, and just as it ended, Robyn and Her Huntresses abducted a cargo that was driving trough mantle. Cargo was the only Atlas type allowed in mantle, as to not starve Atlas.

Meanwhile in the clouds, ironwood and all teams present listened to the Broadcast as well.

Ironwood: "This is the worst!, A supposed Serial Killer is roaming free, Watts is somehow alive, and  These beasts have full control as well as the trust of all of Mantle!"

Clover: "Also thats the second cargo meant for Amity that went missing."

Winter: "It's worse than we thought"

Ironwood: "With those two down there in control, Robyn cutting supply lines to Amity, the project is completely stalled..."

Ruby: "But...were so close! There has to be something we can do."

Winter: "There is...declaring Martial Law."

Nora: "You're not... consideing that..are you?"

Ironwood: "What's more important...saving the kingdom? Or pleasing a few city blocks."

Y/n: "See, this is what differences you from me ironwood."

The doors swung open and Y/n along with Siviks, his right hand and bodyguard walked in.

Ironwood: "How did you get in here?!"

Y/n: "Your soldiers are to scared to try and attack me, so...i just walked in."

He walked closer to the center of the room, in front of ironwoods desk Where the general stood, facing him.

Y/n: "Do you think Mantle still bows to you? That  Mantle still belongs to you? You are just a general, focused on your precious Kingdom, you'd rather leave the people in mantle to die than to try and Help them. That's the difference between us. You only have eyes for one thing, while i, i look at the bigger picture. Mantke and Atlas both need protection, but because you are Scared of me and my people, because you killed my kind, because you can't look past that we are more powerful than Atlas, you won't cooperate. You are just a general, while i, am a leader."

Ironwood grid his teeth, winter was ready to draw her weapons, but ironwood sat down.

Ironwood: "I don't care what you think of me, but stealing the cargo that was meant for Amity-"

Y/n: "Was bait."

Everyone in the room blinked a few times.

Ruby: "Bait?..."

Y/n: "Yes, Bait little rose. Bait so that Ironwood reveals his true colors. And reacts the way I would predict. And I'm not surprised my theory was correct. Rather than to work with the Horde and mantle he'd try to declare martial law to get the upper hand. "

Clover: "So...that means you and Robyn."

Y/n: "Yes, she associated herself with the Horde. Even wears our emblem on her shoulder. I know a born leader when i see one. Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a city to run."

The King turned and started to leave with his right hand, only to stop just before leaving.

Y/n: "Oh, i almonst forgot. You are all invited to come to the hordes outpost in the Cratel. If you want to defend your seat on the council, I'd come to Ironwood. Of course, all the teams are welcome to join us. You can decide to come or not. It's this evening."

With that, he left and closed the doors, leaving a baffled General and stunned bystanders. The general sighed and got up.

Ironwood: "Gather everyone...were going to the belly of the beast."

Winter/clover: "Yes Sir."

Ren: "Yes Sir."

As night fell, and after a trip trough strongly patrolled streets, Rwby, JNR, Qrow, as well as Ironwood and Winter as well as clover Stood in front of the Outpost.
Suddenly the ground shook slightly, more and more as time went on. Some readied themselves, but from the Outpost, a towering creature came into view.

Kridis: "Ahh, you must be the guests my king mentioned. I am Kridis, leader of the Atlas/mantle Locust subdivision. Pleased to make your aquatints. Please, follow me. The king and miss Hill are waiting."

After the initial surprise, they group followed her.

Clover: "for being this massive and scary, it's very polite..."

Kridis: " 'It' is actually a she, and 'she' has Excellent hearing."

Clover grabbed the back of his head and polite excused his rudeness when the group entered the Tent kridis showed them. The other group of the council was already present, as well as Robyn and Y/n who sat at the other end of the Table.

Y/n: "Ahhh, so glad you all made it. However, I'm sorry, but i don't have enough seats for everyone. I hope that doesn't bother you all."

With no injection, the people this was mainly about, Ironwood, Winter and clover sat down.

Y/n: "Now then general...why should you stay in the council seat and not Robyn and I?"

Ironwood: "What do you mean Robyn and you?!"

Robyn: "If i sit in the council seat, Y/n will be my Advisor. Given the influence he already has over mantle, it would be a given to leave him in charge of it."

Y/n: "I'm so glad you think so Miss Hill. So...what's your defense...general?"

———————————————————————

A/n

Another weekend, another chapter.

Just out of curiosity, how are people pleased with the way i handle new chapters? Every other week between this and my alastor Reader book. I know it's a bit scared, but I'd still like to know what people think. Just like I'd like to know what you think if this chapter!

See u all soon!!