Act 44

3th p.o.v.

While the group on the Cliff was occupied with Cordovin and her Atlas Roboter, Blake was being chased by Adam towards a waterfall near the Tower. The Locust Warden Brutus was keeping his distance for the time being as they two fought. Of course given his King's orders he was to step in if Blake was immediate danger.

Saying it was not entertaining to watch the two fight would be a lie by the Battle and Fight loving Warden. However as the two continued to fight, it was clear that Adam was gaining the upper hand rather quickly.

Distracting her with his blade, Adam struck Blake to the ground and swung his sword with overwhelming aggression, even breaking Blake's weapon as a result of it. It looked like Adam was going to kill her then and there. But the Warden knew better.

His experience and years below Sera made him impossible to sneak up on. He feels the slightest movements and vibration on the ground from respectable distances away. And he felt two wheels closing in at rapid speed. He knew Yang was coming, and Blake knew it two seeing as her Ear flicked to the side.

After Adam seemingly stabbed Blake right trough the abdomen, she faded away, and spoke from near the waterfall.

Blake: "I'm not alone."

And with perfect timing, A yellow motorcycle came crashing down the Cliff and hit Adam directly, increasing his distance to the now two opponents. In the process however, the bike sadly landed in the waters Below.

After getting back to his feet, Adam recognized the Blond Brawler from Beacon. Not even a minute passed since Yang's arrival, and Adam was already engaging her in a fight. At first it seemed like Yang was not going to get a chance to attack because of Adams seemingly never ending barrage of attacks, but eventually she finally found an opening in his moves, and went in with her own barrage of attacks. A lot were sadly blocked, but a few made contact with her target.

Up on the Cliff, the Warden felt like he was watching a fight withing the Locust prisons. It was intense to watch the two fight. What fascinated the Warden the most, was Yangs use of her gauntlets for offensive as well as movement and dodging purposes.

Brutus: "Shes so young, yet she is fighting very well. She has a lot of potential. Maybe the lord allows me to help her improve once this is all over."

After he finished his little monologue and stopped thinking of ways to improve Yangs Combat capabilities, he noticed that Yang was almost falling off the Cliff. She didn't show it, but the Warden felt the slight trembling given off by Yang.

Brutus: "I think they did enough...it's time to finish this."

Grabbing his two Maces which were leaning against a wall, Brutus put on his Helmet again and started marching towards the Cliff.

Just as the Three were to run at each other, Brutus the Warden landed right in the middle between the two parties. After the dust his landing created settled, Everyone saw the collosal behemoth towering the three of them.

Yang: "You again?"

Brutus: "Indeed. I was send to protect the two of you, as well as to dispose of the one that Calls himself Adam."

Blake: "Y/n send you? "

The Warden nodded as he turned to the red-headed Bull Faunus.

Adam: "Dispose of me? What? You're here to try and kill me?"

Brutus: "No, I'm not here to try. I'm here to ensure you will no longer interfere with his majesty's plans. The two of you, make your way back to the Cliff and support your friends in their fight against the Atlas woman. You don't need to see me kill this beast."

A bit confused, the two decided it was better to get away and not get in his way, even if the two wanted to prove Adam that they can defeat him on their own.
Adam, a bit irritated at the wardens name given to him, Wanted to quickly rush past the Warden in an attempted to catch the two Huntresses in Training.

That Attempt proved to be futile as a wall of Rock and earth rose in front of Adam, preventing him to jump up to the Cliff side. Visibly confused, he looked at the Warden with pure rage.

Adam: "Why must you get in my Way?!"

Brutus: "Because of my Lord's orders. Now then, are you going to accept death? Or do you wish to die fighting?"

The Warden simply stood still, with both of his Maces to either side of him. Adam decided to use his speed to outmaneuver the Brute that was the Warden. However he didn't know of the Modifications Maxis made to his weapons or his body.

As Adam was rushing Brutus in a straight line, The Warden simply scoffed.

Brutus: "How predictable!"

Stomping his right foot, quickly a pillar rose from the ground, Launching Adam into the Air and Knocking the Air out of his lungs. Disappointed, Brutus shook his head as Adam tried to get back up and recover.

Adam: "H-How did- what was that?!"

Brutus: "Hahaha! Impressive isn't it?! Thanks to the Experiments and Tests of Maxis I'm now able to control the ground I'm standing on with my feet, and my weapons will always come back to me! Watch! A little demonstration!"

Brutus threw one of his weapons at adam. It may not have the most speed, but right after throwing it, He stomped the ground again, and a small pillar of Rock launces from the ground catapulting his mace right at Adam, fast enough that as Adam tried to avoid it, it scraped his shoulder.

Adam wasn't even recovered yet, and Brutus pulled back his left hand, which the back of started glowing Purple. Not knowing what that means, Adam got knocked on the ground by the Mace that just scratched his shoulder, hitting him over the back of his head as it went back and landed in the Wardens hand. That's when Adam realized what was going on.

Adam: "You have Dust fused with your Body and weapon?!"

Brutus: "Bingo! Hahaha! Do you now realize how hopeless hour situation is?!"

From what Brutus got to know about Adam, is that he's not going to back down. No matter from what. Be was proven right when Adam once again got into fighting stance.

Brutus: "I see. You still want to try huh? I must commend you for that. Not many try to defy the Warden.

As Adam ran at the Warden, he did the same as he did with Yang. Two afterimages along with the original circled around the Warden who was simply waiting. Eventually, the Afterimages attacked from the Back which brutus foresaw.
Giving the ground a little Kick, a wall rose behind him, which stopped the afterimages while the original went for the front Brutus held out his Arm as defenses, and Adams sword simply slid along the Crystals covering the arm.

Confused by this, Brutus had enough time to use his other Arm to give adam a good Smack with his second Mace. Sending the Faunus away, and hitting the wall Brutus created earlier, breaking his Aura.

Brutus: "To think you were supposed to be such a strong enemy. You're but an insect that needs to be crushed. Come, have at it."

The Warden spread his arms to the side, exposing his chest. He knew he was safe, but adam didn't.

Brutus: "Come on! I'm wide open! Pierce my chest and heart!"

Blinded by Rage and pain, Adam did as he was invited to. With a scream he charged at the Warden wo stood motionlesswiting for the swords impact. All that was heard when Adam hit the Wardens chest with his swords, was the sound of metal snapping.

With his direct assault, Adams Sword broke on impact with the Wardens crystalized and Armored Chest. With a simple chuckle from Brutus, Adam fell to his knees as he looked at his Broken and shattered Blade.

Brutus: "Should've gone for the head. Goodbye Adam. May god have mercy on you, for i shall have none."

The last thing Adam saw before he died at the Cliff, was the Mace of the Warden coming down on his skull with great force..."

———————————————————————

A/n

1400 words exactly. Guess that's acceptable. Anyways, hope you enjoyed my take on the fight between Adam, Blake and Yang and leave me your feedback for it. See you in the next chapter!!!