1 Arnav's condition

Chapter 1 Arnav's Condition

Psychiatric Hospital

Anjali was sobbing, standing in front of the doctor. Shyam was consoling her.

*Be strong Mrs. Jha... You have to adopt Arnav's real condition. You should be happy as he is much better now...* the doctor said.

*Is there any chance for him to recover completely?* Anjali asked the doctor.

*I can't answer the question. It depends upon ONLY Arnav. He will recover only if HE wants to recover...*

*Can't we do anything to get him to recover completely, Doctor?* Shyam asked.

*Could you bring the girl, in front of him again?*

Shyam was tongue-tied. The doctor knew that Shyam's answer would be NO.

*We can easily recover him if she is here... but now... we can do nothing. Don't talk anything about the girl in front of him. Dispose of all her things from his sight. And also the things which remind him about her*

*Ok Doctor...* Shyam said.

*Try to be normal with him. He should not feel that he has a problem within*

Shyam nodded ok.

*Don't forget about the compensation you had been paying to the hospital.*

Anjali sighed painfully. She understood what the doctor was talking about. Arnav had broken many chairs, tables, and also beds in anger. He was uncontrollable sometimes.

*Take him somewhere...*

Cutting the doctor,

*Shall we take him outing?* Shyam asked.

*Why not? Sure... he needs change. But, take care of him...without his knowledge... he should not know that he has been watching*

*Ok doctor*

*You can call me anytime...* the doctor said.

*Thank you doctor* Anjali thanked him joining her hands.

Shyam and Anjali went to the room where Arnav was getting treatment staying in.

*Rani Sahiba, wipe your face... you look distraught* he said standing near a room.

Anjali wiped her face with a kerchief and smiled. They entered the nearby room. They saw Arnav lying on the bed, closing his eyes. Anjali sat beside him and caressed his hair. Arnav opened his eyes. He sat on the bed looking at Anjali. Shyam stood near the door, looking at them.

*Di, will you take me home or not?* He asked.

*We are here to take you home only Chotte*

*Let's go...* He got down from the bed.

*Change your dress...* Anjali gave him a cover.

Taking it from her hand, he went to the washroom. He came out within a few minutes.

*Let's go...* he hurried.

Anjali nodded ok. Arnav saw Shyam standing at the doorstep. Arnav's face changed instantly.

*I'm sorry Jeejaji...* He said in a feeble tone.

These were the words Arnav was repeating again and again whenever he meets Shyam.

*Why? What happened? Why are you asking sorry?* Shyam tried to mend things even though he knew why he said so.

*Because of me, she died...I'm sorry...*