5 Khushi and her fiance

Part 5 Khushi and her fiance

Arnav reached the address given by Amir. He saw the house had been locked. He looked here and there for people to inquire about Khushi. That's when a man crossed him. Arnav stopped him.

*Excuse me...*

The man looked at him, tip-to-toe as Arnav was wearing a three-piece suit. The suit was new to the area because it was a middle-class area.

*Is not Khushi at home?* Arnav asked the man as if he and Khushi knew each other well.

*She is not at home... she will come back in a while. Wait if you want to meet her*

*Is she going to deliver sweets?*

*Maybe... or she should have gone to Raj's house*

*Who is Raj?*

*Her fiancé*

No need to say that Arnav was shocked to the core, hearing that...

*Fiancé?* his lips automatically asked.

*Yes... they are going to marry in a few months...*

There was silence from Arnav's side. He closed his eyes and thought for a while. His mind calculated quickly.

*Does the date of the marriage fix?* he asked, opening his eyes.

*Not yet... Khushi's parents died a few months ago... she doesn't want to get married before his parent's first death anniversary...*

Arnav nodded yes.

*Where is Raj's house? Is it far from here?*

*It takes half an hour ride to reach his house... he is in Sivaji Nagar*

*oh...*

*For what purpose do you want to meet Khushi?* the man asked as Arnav asked about Raj's house.

*For MARRIAGE... I mean I want to get sweets from her for a marriage*

*Oh... marriage contract...? Khushi bitiya will be happy*

Arnav nodded his head and went back to his car. He sat inside in frustration. He punched the steering wheel. Khushi is going to marry someone. What would he do now? Who is Raj? Why does she marry him? Does the marriage get a fix by her parents? To do anything, he has to know everything about Khushi and Raj. But how?

Removing his mobile, he searched for a detective agency in Lucknow through Google. There were four agencies in Lucknow. One of the agencies got 4.5 ratings for 23 cases. He dialed the mobile number which had been given in the ad.

*Blue moon detective agency...* a man said on the other side.

*I need important information about a girl*

*Sure... who is the girl? And who are you?*

*I'm Arnav Singh Raizada. The girl is Khushi Gupta, daughter of Shashi Gupta...* he told the full address of Khushi and her occupation.

*It's not a big deal, Sir. By the way, I'm Rihan...*

*Mmm*

*What do you want to know about her, Sir, anything in particular*

*I want to know everything about her... completely. Especially about her fiancé*

*When will you want it, Sir?*

*Now...*

The man on the other side caught his breath. Is he mad?

*Sorry, sir... we need at least twenty-four hours...*