25 Mistaken Belief

Part 25 Mistaken belief

Arnav was relishing the Almond Halwa. Khushi has magic in her hand. The Halwa tasted damn good. Though Arnav liked Almond Halwa he never lost his mind. But he couldn't hold himself from losing himself while eating the Halwa. She is an expert in making sweets. He smiled. Don't know what's there in her mind. If she tries to escape this time, she will be taught a good lesson. His grip on the spoon tightened. He has to make her understand how much she is important in his life... how much he needs her in his life... But why not she understands that? She got to know how fraud Raj is. Still, she is not changing her mind.

He turned around and found Khushi coming with another bowl of Almond Halwa. She sat on the bed smilingly and started eating. He went to the bed and sat next to her.

*You prepared it very well... it tastes good*

* What's the big deal? I'm a sweet maker...* she shrugged her shoulder off.

*But, constant concentration is very important in cooking. A simple mistake will spoil the whole dish*

*Do you cook? * she asked curiously.

Arnav nodded no.

*Then how do you understand an important tip of cooking? *

*I heard it from my mom much time... she always says while cooking*

*Oh...do you help your mom in cooking? *

*No. but I was with my mom when she cooks...*

*You would have eaten, tomato, sugar, coconut...*

Cutting her,

*Cashew, jaggery* he smiled.

*I too did the same when my Amma cooks... she scolds me every time* she laughed.

*You miss her...right? *

*Of course, I do... I miss my Babuji also... but you are lucky... your mother is still alive*

Arnav nodded no.

*Means? *

*She is not alive*

*I'm sorry... that means, you too should miss your mother...*

*A lot...*

*Mother can never be replaced...* Khushi said.

*Sometimes, she can be replaced... if a man gets a good wife...* he said looking at her eyes deeply.

His look churned her stomach. Khushi switched her gaze to somewhere. She stood with the bowl and about to go, Arnav clutched her hand.

*Do you understand what I said? *

Khushi nodded yes. Arnav stood from the bed. He extended the spoon full of halwa towards her mouth. Khushi looked at the spoon and his face. She ate it, looking at his face.

*Thanks...* he smiled.

She tried to go, Arnav blocked her way.

*You said you understood... what did you understand? *

*Mother can be replaced in a man's life if...*

Cutting her,

*IF...? *

*He gets a good wife...* she said meeting his eyes.

He smiled.

*Until a few days ago, I didn't want to replace my mother...* he gulped down whereas Khushi bowed down.