27 Karwa Chauth

Part 27 Karwa Chauth

Khushi made Arnav stun by keeping fast on Karwa Chauth. It's a festival celebrated by married women. The woman keeps fast for her husband's good health and long life. Arnav knew that. Keeping fast without drinking water and eating any food all through the day is a difficult one. Arnav saw Anjali fasting for Shyam with love and respect every year. He couldn't believe Khushi did the same for him.

Khushi was looking at his shocking face through the sieve.

*Arnavji...* she shouted.

*Hann...* Arnav came out of the trance.

*You said you had seen your sister keeping fast... if it is so, you should have seen your Jeejaji breaking her fast too...*

*Hann...*

*Then break my fast... I'm hungry...* she said.

Arnav switched the terrace light on to get a clear view of Khushi. Damn this woman made his heart and mind flat...by wearing a saree, she made his heart flat... by keeping fast, she made his mind flat. He came to Khushi, all the way looking at her. His gaze was sharp enough to penetrate Khushi's heart. Khushi struggled to face it.

Khushi flicked her fingers and Arnav flinched. She gestured to him to feed her water. Taking the water glass from the plate, he fed it to Khushi. She drank it smilingly.

*So, you lied to me...* he asked suppressing his happiness.

Khushi looked at him frowning.

*Whenever I asked you to eat today, you said I ALREADY ATE...*

*I just said I ALREADY ATE but I didn't say WHEN DID I EAT...* she said suppressing her laughter.

*Veeeery smart...* Arnav said.

Khushi chuckled.

*Let's go... eat something* Arnav said.

Khushi nodded ok and walked downstairs. Arnav followed her silently. He couldn't believe what just happened. He broke Khushi's fast. They behaved like a couple. Arnav felt honored.

Keeping the sieve and the plate in the Pooja room, Khushi came to the dining and saw Arnav arranging the table.

*Arnavji, you sit. I will bring the dishes...* she went to the kitchen.

*No issues. I will help you* Arnav followed her.

He took the bowls from her hand and went to the dining. Khushi came, taking the other bowls. Arnav made her sit and served to her.

*Arnavji...*

*Shhhhh... sit and eat...* he ordered.

Khushi sat with an adorable smile. Arnav sat in front of her, filling his plate. He looked at Khushi who was eating relishing.

*Is it necessary to be starving for the whole day? * Arnav asked, eating the first morsel.

*It's not about starving...*

*Then? * he lifted his left brow.

*It's all about faith...*

Arnav smiled, remembering Anjali. She also tells the same.

*Do you know? It depends upon the people who follow it... a few people keep faith in God and do everything to get God's grace... a few people keep faith in SOMEONE'S WORDS and try to fulfill it...* Khushi said reading his expression.

She intentionally said that. Didn't he marry her going on Divya's words? Arnav gulped down.

*Whaaat do you mean? * he asked.