Chapter 23

Sia- Elastic Heart

*************************

    Sniffing.

    Someone was sniffing me.

    Yawning, I opened my eyes a little to asses the situation I was in. Why was it so bright in here?

     More sniffing.

     Then, something wet on my face. Licking it.

     "Ew, what the-" flailing my arms out, I pushed away this furry creature and sat up, rubbing my face. "What in the world..." I looked up and froze, now fully awake.

  "W-What? Why are you here? How did you-" I watched as Roxy sat on my bed, tongue hanging out of her mouth sloppily. I stared at her, mouth gaping. Roxy barked, making me jump up.

     "No! No, no, no, shhh. Roxy, be quiet!," I leaped forward and went to grab her, but she jumped off my bed, tail wagging as she barked twice more.

     "No, this is not play time! Come, ugh, here- whoa!" Falling off my bed, I huffed as I untangled myself from the comforter, looking up to see Roxy panting above me. I glared and reached forward, but she slipped from my grasp.

    "Ugh, you rascal, come here!" I said, getting onto my knees, blowing my hair out of my face. I looked at her and shook my head. She barked, then ran out of my door. My eyes widened. Shit!

     "Fuck me! Roxy no!" I whispered yelled, jumping up and running after her. Almost falling around the corner in my socks, I crashed into the railing, watching as Roxy sped down the stairs and into the back of the house. Oh no. This can't be happening.

     I booked it down the stairs and swerved around into the hall, finding Roxy on top of the island in the kitchen, eating a batch of fresh baked cookies.

    "Roxy!" She made a noise and looked up, reminding me instantly of a dear caught in headlights. "Get down, now!" I repremanded, watching as she whimpered and jumped down, her ears pressed against her head shamefully. I sighed and put my hands on my hips as she sat in front of me.

     "What am I going to do with you?" I asked, mostly to myself. I bent down a little to grab her collar, but as soon as I saw her ears perk up at a sound in the other room, she was gone.

     "Son of a- Roxy!" I chased after her once again and skidded around the stairs again, while something caught my eye. I stopped and straightened, looking over by the door where all the coats are hung. I felt my breath leave my lungs.

Oh... no.

     "Roxy!!" I screamed, not caring if there was anyone sleeping. I had to get this dog out of the house. I heard a slurping sound and slammed into the bathroom doorway to see her having a nice drink... in my toilet. She looked up at me.

    "Oh... having a quick pit-stop then?" I said grudgingly. Grumbling, I shot at her, only for her to slip under my legs. Goddamit!

    Guess what? My hand's in the toilet. And you wanna know what else? I'm gonna kill her.

      "Ugh!" Booking up the stairs, I chased her through halls, bedrooms, bathrooms.... how big is this house again? I then finally got her locked in my bedroon.

     "I've got you now, you little..." I grumbled, standing full body over the door. Roxy sat her fury little behind down and cocked her head at me. On my own bed. So much for obedience.