Chapter 10

Invisibly Masked: Chapter 10

Okay, so if you see three stars (***) then it's a flashback, okay? Just so y'all know.

NOT EDITED!!

Evanescence- Call Me When You're Sober

*************** 

"So..."

"Hmmh,"

So far, nothings happened. The ride was quiet and those were the first words that were spoken. Boring, huh? But I had a feeling those weren't the last, considering our situation.

"I know you had something to do with what happened today," he finally said, glancing at me. I stayed silent, not looking at him. I watched the trees and lights go by, the sight making me a bit dizzy. I sighed.

"Come on, kitten. I'm not stupid," oh, I beg to differ. But I couldn't help get a little scared, with me being the center of what happened today.

"Mysty being here isn't just a coincidence, her being here the whole time. There has to be a reason behind it, there always is," he explained. I refrained from sighing with relief, glad that he didn't figure out the truth. Well, part of it but I had to give him credit, because there was a secret behind it, a reason. I just couldn't tell him, not yet. Not until we had gotten in deep. I turned to him when we came to a red light, his face passive but his eyes searching. I sighed.  

"I'm not going to lie to you, but Im not going to tell you the whole truth either. Yes, I might have been a part of it, and yes there's a reason. I just can't tell you," I said, turning away as the light turned green. A few seconds passed before he spoke again.

"So... You're saying that there's a completely different reason why Mysty's here, other than from that she just wants to have fun? Is that it?" he asked. I shook my head, trying to figure out how to say this without giving too much information.

"No, this whole thing is fun. It's a game, and we want to play it. There's just a more serious reason behind it. The plan was to get Margaret to see you giving me the jersey, see me wearing it; to make her angry. Then, when I switched with Mysty, Margaret saw her wearing it. The whole plan was to get her so pissed that she lashed out, and Mysty telling her what she did, did just that," I turned to look at Jessie just as he pulled into my driveway. His green orbs met mine, but I couldn't understand the emotion behind them.

"Mysty needed a reason to disappear, and Margaret gave her that. No matter how fun this all is, we have to protect her. Even if that means secrets. And lots of them," I said, grabbing my bag with the hidden jersey and mask itself inside and getting out, walking inside my house and not looking back.

****************

Jessie's POV

I sat down on my bed and sighed. It had been a long day. I swear there's something wrong with me. The game wasn't tiring today at all, but when it was over and after I drove Arissa home, I found myself drained of energy. I didn't even go to the after party for the win, I was that shitty.

"Jessie?" My moms voice rang out. I sighed and sat up, cracking my back and rubbing the back of my neck.

"Yeah, I'm in here, Ma," I said, standing up to walk to my dresser. Pulling out a pair of sweat pants and a white T-shirt, I threw them on and plopped face down on my bed. God, was I tired. I heard my bedroom door open, only to look up and see me mothers small frame in the doorway. She had on a pair of light blue pajama pants and a white camisole, along with her white slippers. Her long, dark brown hair, almost black, was up in a messy bun and her deep forest green eyes where bright. The kind that Holly had. I gave an exhausted sigh, rolling over into my back. She smiled warmly at me.