Chapter 12

Invisibly Masked: TWELVE

NOT EDITED FULLY

Ecosmith- Cool Kids

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

**************

"Arissa! Jessie! You're here!" An excited Holly jumped up from her bed, running and jumping on Jessie. He picked her up with ease, twirling her with a big smile.

"Hey there, princess. I've missed you," he grinned, making Holly's smile widen, if that was possible. I sat down on the edge of her bed, watching.

"I've missed you too! Mommy came yesterday and we had brownies and watched princess and the frog! It was so fun, until Nessy came and told me I needed my brain scanned again. She always ruins the fun," she said, going from cheery to pouty. I gave a silent chuckle when Jessie glanced at me, his smile widening as well. He looked down at the little girl who had her arms crossed and a mean look on her face.

"I'm sure she doesn't mean it. After all, she is making sure you try and get better," he said, his smile staying bright, but mine faltered then fell. Try and get better. He knew she wouldn't, but he still told her a lie. He was lying to her, as was everyone else. Even I was. It brought tears to my eyes when I thought about it. If Holly didn't make it... I looked away, not wanting to ruin the fun she was having. She was ways so bright and happy, I didn't want to ruin everything with my selfishness.

"Yeah, I know. But lately my heads been hurting a lot. Nessy gives me medicine, but sometimes it doesn't work, so I get an extra long nap," Holly said, the last part happily. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and quickly wiped it away, lifting my head and looking at the ceiling so the tears would go away. It worked, I guess. I knew exactly what the 'headache' meant. She wasn't getting better. And I refused to accept it.

"Rissy, guess wha- Rissy? What's wrong?" I heard Holly ask me. I plastered on my brightest smile and looked over at them with wide eyes. Holly looked at me, confused, while Jessie's was a mixture of guilt and worry. I shook my head.

"Oh, nothing. I just- just had something in my eye is all," I evaded, pulling out the most cliché line in existence. I mentally rolled my eyes. Good love, you really fooled 'em. Holly just smiled and climbed down from Jessie, coming over to me on the bed.

"Why did you and Jessie come together this time? Usually you come separate," she asked me, looking down while she thought. I smiled at her, her innocence too cute. Her eyes suddenly widened and she looked up at Jessie with wide eyes.

"Are you two dating?!" She squealed, standing up on her bed. My face turned red and I shook my head, holding up my hands.

"No, no Holly! We're not dating-" my sentence was cut short when I felt an arm wrap around my waist, making me squeak and look over to glare at Jessie. He gave me a lopsided grin, but his eyes were mischievous.

"Why, of course we're dating! Isn't that right, poobear?" He cooed, making me glare at the nickname, just as Holly started to jump up and down on her bed, singing.

"Jessie and Rissy, sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G! First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carrige!" She sang, making me cringe at the baby part. Hell, I blushed when she spelled kissing! Yet, I still tried denying it.