Chapter 22

You guys have no idea how many times I've Edited this.

Bebe Rexha- I Can't Stop Drinking About You

IMASK- Chapter 22

"You are one lucky son of of bitch, you know that? Because of the sudden cancelation at school, the pep-rally is rescheduled. Damn, are you lucky," Cat said on the other line, making me laugh. I pulled Jessie's jacket closer around me, the wind colder than normal. I looked up at the sky to see dark clouds rolling in, signalling that rain was coming. Good, I love rain.

"Yes, I know. You have no idea how relieved I am. I can't believe school was cut short because of a rainstorm, though," I said, looking behind me into the gas station window. Jessie was buying somethings for us, before we left. I don't even want to get into what happened at the Café, though. Lets just say what would have happened, didn't because of Cathrine. I don't know weither to yell at or thank her.

"They said its supposed to get bad. Like, hurricane bad," she said, the sound of crackling invading our line.

"Cat? Cat, can you hear me?" I asked, jumping a bit when lighting struck the sky.

"I can't here you, babe. Just make sure you get home before this thing hits. Sidney is already stressed. Tell Jessie that if he tries anything, I will do unimaginable things to him. Torturous things," I laughed as the line broke, looking at my phone to see 'call lost' displayed on the screen. I shook my head.

"If only you knew, Cat. He'd already be dead," I mumbled, hearing a bell ring as the glass door opened. I turned to see Jessie walking out, his hand outstretched towards me.

"Take this," he said, handing me two pills. His hand felt my forhead as I popped them in my mouth, grabbing the bottle of water from him. "Its asprin. It'll help with the headaches. And you're getting a fever," he said, motioning for me to shove my arms in the sleeves of his jacket as he zipped it up to my chin.

"You might have drank before, but I'm positive not like you did last night. You'll probably get even sicker than before," he explained, shoving the money in the leather pocket and grabbing his phone from his jeans.

"How fun," I grumbled, looking down the desserted street and fixing my glasses. Man, this place was like a ghost town. Did anyone even live here?

"I tried calling Gabe for a ride, but he didn't answer. Probably had a night close to ours," he said, looking at the time before looking up at me. I sighed, pursing my lips.

"What about a taxi?" I asked, shuffling closer to Jessie when an even colder wind blew past us. Jessie shook his head.

"Not enough money. We might just have to walk," he said, making my head snap up. I gave him an incredilous look.

"Are you crazy? Cat said that there's a storm coming; as bad as a hurricane. We can't walk," I said, Jessie's eyes searching mine.

"You talked to Cat? Did you think to ask her for a ride?" He said, his voice condescending. My eyes narrowed.

"Of course I did! What do you take me for, an idiot? She can't come get us, her aunt has her car and her dads out of town. The phone cut out before I could ask anything else. Sidney's at work; she can't have anyone call and I have no one else to try," I stated, rolling my eyes when he held up his hands.

"What about your dad?" He asked, my whole body tensing.

"No way. Good luck with that," I looked up at him, shaking my head. "If my father found out that I went to a party, got shitfaced drunk and woke up in the next town over with no memory of the night before; and not to mention I was in a bed half naked with an even more naked, good looking male- I would not live to see my eighteenth birthday. And don't even get me started on what he'd do to you," I said, sighing as I stepped off the slab of concrete and started walking down the street.