Chapter 27

Italicize - Female Bold- Male

****************************

I walked into my dressing room and closed the door behind me, trying to hurry before anyone noticed I was gone. I kind of noticed something while being Mysty, and that was while she was in the spotlight, I kind of... disappeared. While She's on stage, no one asks where Arissa is. No one wonders where I am, But when I actually am me, everyone is asking- "Where's Mysty, where is she. When is she coming back?" And I don't entirely know how I feel about it.

I sighed, throwing my bag on my chair, before looking up at my wall of masks to choose which one I would-

I froze.

"Oh... my god..." I whispered, shock lacing my voice as my hands fell from my sides. I couldn't believe this. I couldn't.... Oh my god, what am I going to do?! I grabbed my bag and took long steps to my door, swinging it open before remembering to close it carefully. No one could know I was back here... I thought. Then I ran; ran all the way to the curtains, stopping just before I came into view. I could hear everyone, practicing for the last time just to make sure it was right. Tomorrow was the big day, and we needed to make sure it was perfect. I could here Mrs. Greens words of approval as the ballet dancers hit every step perfectly. I inhaled, taking a deep breath and holding it in, before peaking my head out form behind the curtain. I searched for Cat, seeing her beside Mrs. Green, watching the dancers, Jessie standing on the other side of the teacher. I waved my hands at her, trying to catch her eye. By the time I did, my arms felt like noodles. She's so blind.

Cat walked up stage without attracting attention, a confused look on her face. When she reached me, I pulled her behind the curtain, almost making her fall over.

"What is wrong with you, woman?! Nearly ripped my arm off-"

"The masks are gone," I said, making her halt her words. She stared at me, her hand falling from her shoulder.

"What do you mean, they're gone?" she asked, her eyes searching mine. I laid out my hands in front of me and shrugged my shoulders.

"All of them. The masks. Every single one of them is gone. My wall, its completely cleaned out, like someone did it deliberately," I said, my voice tense with worry. Cat ran her hands through her hair, grabbing it. It might seem like this isn't that big a deal, but I was supposed to be Mysty today. I know all the movements for me and Jessie- because we don't dance, we just move with the ballet dancers in this performance- but he said he just wants to go through them all one more time to get them right.

"Alright... alright, so... what do you want to do?" She asked, looking at me with concerned eyes and her hands on her hips. I closed my eyes and shook my head fast.

"I-I-I don't know! I have no clue...." I said, my fingernails finding their way into my mouth. Cat sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Is everything okay?" Jessie voiced behind Cat, making us both jump. Cat hit his arm, shaking her head and calling him a... Uh, I'm not gonna say that word...

"Why am I a twat?" He asked, looking at her like she had three heads. She just rolled her eyes and turned to me.

"So she isn't here?" Cat asked, confusing me a little before I saw her wink slightly. Oh.... Ohhh, I get it.

"N-No, no... she's not, she couldn't make it, I don't think," I said, stuttering a little. Jessie looked between the both of us, confused.

"What do you mean, who isn't here?" He asked, stepping closer to us.