13

Madelyn and Cristina is watching in the OR as is Alex

Madelyn and Cristina is watching in the OR as is Alex. Mark is standing near the side ready to start the plastic surgery. All of sudden Jake's heart monitor starts beeping rapidly , Causing Madelyns heart to start racing.

"Oh, son of a bitch. Alright I need another unit of blood!" Derek ordered

"Oh no that's too much blood" Bailey muttered holding her son , Madelyn sighed They all start scrambling and yelling different orders as Jake flat lines. Mark grabs the paddles to jolt Jake's heart into starting Up in the gallery Bailey shakes her head sad and leaves.

Back down in the O.R C Madelyn looks sad as the monitor stays flat-lined , Cristina looked at her with a sad face. Empty O.R with Jake's dead body. Cristina and Alex are suturing him closed

"Shame he never had his face fixed" Alex spoke Cristina looks at Alex thoughtfully Madelyn swallowed painfully, Madelyn, Cristina and Alex are entering an attending locker room. Mark is standing there looking extremely yummy shirtless.

"Dr. Sloan?" Madelyn said to him he looked up at her with a sad face.

"Yeah?" He answered they went to the Morgue with Jake's body on a table. Madelyn, Cristina and Alex are standing there scrubbed up. Mark comes in.

"Alright, I got the parents approval" Mark said to them walking in Cristina and Alex move to put their scrubs masks on.

"You don't ..." he shakes his head "really need those"

"Right" Alex reminded himself tearing off the mask Madelyn stood there trying to hold back her tears.

"Scalpel" Mark said to Madelyn she stood there shakily he turned back to the struck girl , Alex rubbed her back and tears immediately started to flow.

"Um i-i can't be here right now" Madelyn said to everyone storming out of the OR. She ran into the locker rooms and fell to her knees all she felt was pain. Madelyn had never really cried this much over a patient but Jake was different he was bright and pure. All he wanted was a new face a fresh start and he couldn't even have that.

Madelyn had paged Meredith acouple of minutes ago she still sat on the ground her eyes now puffy. Meredith bust through the door looking for her , Her eyes traveled to the floor and Meredith gave Madelyn a sincere look sitting down on the floor next to her.

"Come here" Meredith told her laying her head on her shoulder Madelyn closed her eyes she felt safe this was her safe place.

"We have to go do something" Meredith spoke Madelyn sighed shakily looking up at her confused.

"Where?"

_______________________

They arrived at A house Madelyn and Meredith walked up to the front door holding hands they both looked at eachother taking deep breath's. Meredith is standing outside and rings the doorbell looking sad. She rings the bell again after a bit. A 50 year old or so man walks up to the door. He peers through the glass in the door and looks stunned as he realizes who it is. He opens up the door. Meredith and Madelyn is standing looking teary-eyed.

"She had an affair" Meredith said to him he sighed shamefully shaking his head, Their mother had an affair over twenty year's ago and Meredith had just found out and she told Madelyn. So here they were confronting their Father.

"Ye...yes"

"Why didn't you stay and fight for us?" Madelyn questioned tears now falling down her cheek Meredith squeezed her hand a little tighter as Thatcher steps outside and closes the door

"I did. I tried" He spoke up looking at the two twins

"Why didn't you try harder? You just left" Meredith asked him with her eyes now watering

Thatcher looks unsure and hopeful "Meredith Madelyn" Meredith wipes a tear away "Is there anything you two need? Anything at all?"

"No. ... we don't need anything from you" Madelyn spat out coldly they both turn around and walk away.

Madelyn is sitting at the bar looking contemplative. Mark walks in and sits next to her she smile slightly as he sat down.

"This seat taken?"

Madelyn sighed "I guess not" He sits down and speaks to Joe

"Double Scotch. Single malt" Joe nods and Mark looks at Madelyn "You look sad" He noticed she sighed tiredly Joe lays the drink down in front of Mark.

"I just saw my father for the first time in 20 years, and that sweet kid died today so my life isn't going so well"

"I'm sorry about Jake , How'd that go with your father?" Mark asked her sincerely she turned to him with a blank face and shrugged.

"Could've gone better" There's a bit of a silence Until Madelyn spoke back up "What are you still doing here?"

"I'm hoping Addison shows up" He replied Madelyn looked at him surprised "You're still in love with her?" He shrugged drinking some of his drink , Madelyn scoffed

"She won't show you know"

"No?"

"Nope"

Mark sighs looking at her "What if you're wrong? What if just this once ... life comes down on the side of the dirty mistresses?"Madelyn half smiles and he grins they looked at each other for a while a door opened causing Madelyn to turn her head. It was Alex he smiled but it faded quickly when he seen who she was drinking with.

"Boyfriends here!" Mark replied sarcastically she rolled her eyes paying for her drink , She put on her coat grabbing her purse. "Hopefully I'll see you around" Mark said to her with a smirk

"Don't get your hopes up" Madelyn replied she walked over to alex and he kissed her forehead putting his arm around her walking out the door. Mark stared at the door for a couple of seconds before turning to the bar.

He grinned to himself cockily "i'll see her again"

okay this chapter is kinda short .. But i love it