23

"Talk now" Madelyn gritted through her teeth Alex looked at her nervously before explaining

"No i didn't cheat" Alex responded Madelyn scoffed in disbelief sitting on her bed with her back turned to him , Alex sighed walking over to her and sitting beside her. They both stayed silent.

"Did you kiss her?" Madelyn asked him with tears in her eyes , Alex closed his eyes trying to form any tears.

"Yes"

"Do you love her?"

"No" He answered truthfully Madelyn nodded slowly turning her attention to him.

"I don't trust you Alex , And i can't be in a relationship with someone who i can't trust" Madelyn told him holding his hand Alex looked at their intertwined hands with sadness in his eyes. "You have to understand that"

"Madelyn, I know i don't deserve it, But please give me another chance to change i-i can't lose you" Alex said to Madelyn holding the side of her cheek , Madelyn closed her eyes taking his hand off of her face. "What you can't even look at me anymore?" Alex questioned his eyes getting teary, She sniffed opening her eyes staring back at ag him with bitterness and coldness.

"No Alex I can't" She added with a small scoff "Just being in your presence is making me sick to my stomach" She bitterly commented he wiped a tear away not looking at her anymore.

"Please just-"

"I'll think about it" She muttered quietly "Just get out" Madelyn told him bluntly he gulped hurt before kissing her forehead before walking out of the door. Madelyn watched her door close , She felt empty inside , she hated feeling this way. Madelyn didn't know if she should give Alex another chance. He doesn't deserve anything from her at all , Madelyn knew that she would have to make a decision for herself and the relationship. Trust was the key to any relationship and she knew that they didn't have it.

A breakup is supposed to hurt.. right? But she didn't feel anything all Madelyn felt was numbness and heartless she hated that feeling. Madelyn knew how to push away any emotions that would completely over take her. So she wiped the tears away and locked the thought of Alex and Izzie away in a box, Madelyn just wanted to take sometime for herself focus on her career. That's what's important. The crying can wait.

__________

Bailey and her interns are walking through the hall Madelyn and Meredith are walking at a fast pace beside their friends. "So, how's Burke doing?" Meredith asked Cristina as they walked she shrugged carelessly.

"I don't know"

"She doesn't know" George added as they walked Alex looked at George confused.

"He just had surgery yesterday and you don't know how he's doing?" Alex questioned Madelyn rolled her eyes by the sound of his voice she sighed quietly before speaking up.