16

Mark was sleeping very peacefully next to his girlfriend who was up reading one of her mother's journals

Mark was sleeping very peacefully next to his girlfriend who was up reading one of her mother's journals. In the past she read one journal and was immediately ashamed that she wasn't even on that level. Meredith and her had a new obsession with these now.. The fear subsided quickly when they started to learn different techniques in surgery. "You know after sex a normal person would go to sleep" Mark muttered into his pillow his eyes still closed, Madelyn chuckled looking over at him.

"Go to sleep grumpy"

"I would absolutely love too if you put the book and flashlight away" He muttered making Madelyn shush him. She couldn't stop reading, It was too intriguing to put down, her phone started to ring loudly making Mark groan with his eyes still shut she made a 'sorry' face before leaning over on the night stand and answering the three way call between Her, Cristina and Meredith. "Oh god i'm glad you all are up."

Cristina on the other end scoffed "These are amazing. They're... they're all about the medicine. I mean, there's, like, no personal crap, no talk about boyfriends or feelings." Cristina said going on about the journal "She hardly even mentions you two" that didn't surprise Madelyn in one bit she barely told her colleagues at the hospital she had children

Madelyn made an offended face a little and Meredith did the same on the other end "Yes, thank you for pointing that out." Madelyn said with a dry chuckle and she flipped the pages. Mark groaned putting a pillow over his head now.

"What about when she held the re-tractor for six hours without moving?" Meredith whispered like she didn't wanna wake Derek who most likely was already up anyway.

"Ground breaking" Madelyn added on Mark started to sigh loudly trying to go back to sleep.

_______

Madelyn and Mark we're walking side by side as he kept yawing every five minutes. She looked at him with a smirk "Are you okay?" she stopped walking hiding behind a elevator her soft hand caressing his cheek. Mark closed his eyes breathing in slowly and peacefully her touch being the one thing that kept him sane.

"Yeah, i'm fine" He said holding onto her hand she smiled softly. "Just tired.."

"I'm sorry about talking on the phone late" Madelyn apologized she closed her eyes feeling bad now "God.. that was so selfish of me"

"Hey, no it's fine, i'd rather lay next to you and not sleep than not be next to you at all" Mark whispered kissing her forehead, she grinned from ear to ear. "But..Next time you wanna stay up on the phone go in the bathroom"

"Ha" Madelyn laughed sarcastically, they started to walk out separating from each other as they seen Cristina, Derek and Meredith were in the lobby waiting for Madelyn they had skills lab today. Derek kept yawning as well actually he was very delirious.