13

Madelyn had been thinking about her career and what she wanted to do during her residency

Madelyn had been thinking about her career and what she wanted to do during her residency. She was interested in three specialties, neuro, trauma, and peds. She loved kids so much and wanted to do more work with Peds but she was always with Derek or Mark. Maybe it was time for her to branch off, Mark walked into his hotel room door holding a lot of food, and Madelyn still sat down in the middle of the bed with her legs crossed staring straight ahead. "Hey... So I got more than one thing. I went to two places and they didn't have the mozzarella sticks so I went to another small diner around the corner and got them" Mark said with a smile, Madelyn hummed still fiddling with her fingers, Mark looked at Madelyn's face he placed the food on the table walking over to the bed and sitting down next to her. He placed his hand on Madelyn's knee with a worried face.

"What's wrong?"

"Just me overthinking" Madelyn muttered softly with a sigh behind the sentence. Mark continued to stare at her, his face immediately went into fear she frowned up face confused "Babe?"

"Are you regretting making us official?" Mark asked worriedly she was about to speak but he cut her off "Oh god I did something didn't I? I'm sorry-"

"Hey, crazy" Madelyn laughed playfully grabbing his hands he sighed loudly "It's not you.. you are perfect" Madelyn said holding the side of his face Mark held onto her hand while she touched his face.

"Okay, then what's wrong?"

"I think I wanna be a triple board certified surgeon," Madelyn told him biting her nails, Marks eyebrows raised almost immediately from hearing that "Crazy right?"

Mark shook his head "No... you definitely can do it" He said with a smile.

"That means I'll have to branch off from being on your service," Madelyn said to him with a sympathetic look. Mark nodded lowering his head he was sad but very proud of what she was going to accomplish.

"I'll get over it" Mark replied pecking her lips quickly she chuckled softly relieved that he was so accepting of it. Madelyn got off of the bed now going over to the table "Oh! So I've been looking at some apartments, And I think I may have found one" Mark informed her as she opened up a pizza box and took a piece.

Madelyn hummed taking a bite "That's great!" She replied with a smile still chewing, she did like the hotel but being at his apartment would just be one hundred percent better.

Mark swallowed nervously "I have no idea what to look for in homes and I thought since you owned one maybe you would wanna help me?" He asked her curiously Madelyn turned to him with wide and excited eyes before plopping back down onto the bed.