21

Madelyn and George were waiting in his fathers room for the Chief to come in

Madelyn and George were waiting in his fathers room for the Chief to come in. George stood there anxiously because he already had knew the results and they weren't good. Madelyn felt bad for his family she just wanted to comfort him and be there in every way she could.

"We've been waiting here forever. Where's the doctor?" Jerry spoke tiredly , Jerry is George's brother and Madelyn stood in the room with george to be helpful in this hard moment.

"Dr. Webber will be here in a minute" George replied trying to calm down his brother

"They don't tell you anything, huh? Until you're a real doctor..." Jerry snickered

"I am a real doctor, Ronny. I just... I'm not dad's doctor" George told his brother with an hurt expression on his face madelyn stood there feeling uncomfortable.

"What is it Georgie?" His father asked him worriedly they all stared at george waiting for him to give an answer.

"Let's just wait for Dr. Webber" George continued Madelyn sighed quietly and grabbed his arm softly pulling him to the side "I think he's expecting you to talk to him" She whispered

"He's coming...he said he was coming"

"He's coming later george, You should tell your dad" Madelyn said to George trying to persuade him into telling his dad what's going on with him.

"What's with all the whispering?"

"The biopsy results were abnormal" George spoke up turning his attention to his dad , Mr O'malley looked at madelyn and george with sad and confused eyes.

"Well is abnormal bad or just different? Georgie?" He questioned him George stood there not being able to continue madelyn cleared her throat stepping in she rubbed george's shoulder reassuring him everything will be fine.

"Mr. O'malley uh - Sir...you have cancer in your oesophagus which has spread to your stomach. You'll need an operation to remove it. And you'll need to undergo chemo and radiation. I'm sorry" Madelyn explained to him with her voice shaky she was trying to hold back some of her tears.

They exited the room and george started pacing the halls panicking Madelyn grabbed his shoulders pulling him into a hug he hugged her back tightly she buried her head in his neck for comfort.

"Hey" George muttered pulling away getting a good look at her "Are you okay?"

"George don't worry about me okay?" Madelyn replied putting on a fake friendly smile he sighed putting his hands in his hair "Go ahead vent"

"They're going to try to operate soon. This week I think. It's stage 3 metastatic cancer. And my brothers are... and uh... Callie slept with Sloan. I just can't... I can't deal with any of it. I spent the entire day worrying about Burke... there's nothing wrong with Burke. God, my dad has cancer, and I can't even look him in the face. You had to tell him what was wrong. Christina... is lying to me about burke and .. i-" George vented to his best friend Madelyn stood there with widened eyes she sighed grabbing both of george's hands.