𝟎𝟎𝟕: 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐛.

Half way through their journey home Saylor had enough of feeling weak and upset so she shut it out, just like she did yesterday with the news of her dad

"I think we should go back to the coast guards and try again to report the boat." Saylor spoke and everyone turned to her shocked that she sounded ok and didn't want to go home.

"Are you sure, I thought you wanted to go home?" John B asked her.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Finders fee remember." She said confidently.

JJ knows that this is Saylors way of coping, acting like nothing happened and moving on. It's not healthy and he knows she will snap at one point but all he can do is be there for her when it happens.

"Good idea Say." JJ tells her and she smiles back at him.

When the arrived at the coast guards it was still full with people so they'd decided to wait outside until it was less busy before they go in. They see a body bag being pushed on a trolly being followed by a sobbing women.

"Who's that?" JJ asks Sam a girl from school.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm. Check out this pic I got. Dead body." She replies as she turns her phone around to show the group the picture.

"Insane."

"Holy shit."

"Gross"

"What kind of boat did he have?" John B asks her.

"Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it." Sam informs them.

They all look at each other with wide eyes realising that they had found the boat. They decided it's best not to tell the coast guards about the boat to avoid getting into trouble so they headed back home to the Chateau.

John B, Pope, JJ and Kie were sat on the outside couch whilst Saylor had gone to the bathroom.

"Okay. So, um... we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia. " Pope says whilst pacing back and forth anxiously.

"Actually, Pope's right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny." JJ nods from his seat in the couch.

"Guys, we can't keep that money."

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ grunts.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma." Kie says sternly.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too. We gotta go dark." Pope says.

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree."

"I don't agree. Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White?" John B rambles.

Saylor stares at herself in the mirror and raises her hands the touch the purple marks on her neck. They made her feel sick and dirty.

Dirtier than she already felt.

Her knuckles were covered in circular bruises and had a few grazes. They made her feel ashamed and angry with herself for hurting someone like that. The way her mother hurt her.

She stripped of her clothes and stepped into the shower. She scrubbed every inch on her skin until she was red raw, desperately trying to make herself feel clean.

After 10 minutes she stepped out of the shower and put on a fresh clothes. She then joined her friends who were now all gathered in John Bs room.

Saylor plopped herself down on John Bs bed next to JJ listening to Pope.

"For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it probably belongs to someone else. They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid." Pope says trying to convince the group to drop it.

"Right. Well, stupid things have good outcomes all the time." JJ tells him whilst holding out the cash in front of Popes face. "All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck. Until then, we just lay low. Just act normal."

"Right. And how exactly do we do that?" Pope retorts.

"Kegger?" Kie suggests.

The group nods and stand up the leave the room. Before Saylor leaves JJ asks her if she will be okay after everything that happened and she reassured him that she will be fine.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ