𝟎𝟖𝟒: 𝐑𝐮𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐑𝐮𝐧.

No one spoke a word to each other for the rest of the night

No one spoke a word to each other for the rest of the night. Non of them knew what to say, but they had to admit they were proud of the girl for putting Rafe mother fucking Cameron in his place.

Saylor sat in the front of the car with Kie knowing that if she even caught a glance of one of her boys she would break, and now was not the time.

"Good news for residents of Outer Banks. Dominion Power says their underwater transmission line, which will restore power to 90% of the area should be functional within 24 hours." The broadcaster revealed to the residents of the island.

"And still, no arrest in the shooting death of Sheriff Susan Peterkin. The state police have issued a statement regarding a local person of interest, - a juvenile from..." Saylor reached forward and slammed her fist on the radio making it stop.

"Let's game this out." JJ broke the silence "Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but... who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us?" He repositioned to sit up slightly and carefully eyed his girl every few seconds to make sure she was ok. "So the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused... is John B, who is... pretty much a homeless 16-year-old boy at the moment."

"Thanks." John B smiled sarcastically.

"Okay, man. Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option. What other option do you have?"

"Enough with the Mexico bullshit. Sarah will bail me out." John B declared causing his twin to groan.

"She did witness the whole thing." Kie agreed.

"When are you going to learn?!" Saylor turned in her seat to look at her brother for the first time since they got back into the car. "You can't trust the Camerons!"

John B sank further into his seat, he wanted to believe Sarah would be on his side but she was right, he knew what the Cameron had done to his family.

"And she's gonna snitch on her brother? Not happening, bro. Okay? We've gotta get you off the island." The blonde nodded and sent Saylor a small smile.

"The ferry. It's the only way." Pope hopped out of the car and headed towards the ticket stand.

"I can't believe Pope is high right now" Saylor chuckled trying to lighten the mood and re focus the situation.

"Never thought I would see the day" John B joined in chuckling too, grateful to have a moment of normality.

"Okay. All right, no. So, um... okay, so, bad news." Pope rambled getting into the drivers seat of the car seeing that Saylor had climbed into the back. "The ferry's closed, and there is this."

"What is this?" Kie snatched the paper from the boys hands and her eyes blew opened at the sight of John B staring back at her with the word 'WANTED' in bold capitals above is head. "Shit."

"Well, John B, uh... this is a good framer of you." JJ tried to joked now passing the poster to Saylor.

"The whole island has to look at your ugly mug, how will they cope" Saylor laughed pulling the JUUL away from her lips. There was no way she was getting through this sober.

"Great, so now Pope and Saylor are high. This is perfect, perfect, perfect... perfect" Kie huffed.

Saylor had zoned out of the conversation, finding carving her name on the car walls far more interesting.

When fists slammed against the window it made the girl jump causing the keys to extend the R at the end of her name into a long line.

"Hey! You ruined it, you little shit" Saylor yelled at the window hitting her fits back at him on the glass.

JJ laughed before pulling her into his lap to prevent her from yelling at the young boy anymore and bringing more attention to the car.

"We got a snitch. Pope, turn the car on." John B ordered trying to hide himself from the crowd that had gathered around them.

Pope had just smashed his way through the crowd in his high state and luckily no one was hurt by his reckless driving.

"What the fuck? I'm livin' my best life now." He cheered and Saylor laughed.

"Holy shit P! I gotta race you on rainbow road!" The Routldedge girl encouraged.

"My mom'll kill me. Oh, my God." Kie sighed running a stressed hand through her hair.

"I should be the last to say this, but you are not okay to drive. Stop!" JJ spoke sternly.

Pope listened at smashed his foot abruptly against the breaks causing everyone to jolt forward.

"John B, get out." Pope ordered.

"He's right. We'll draw the cops, you run I'll get the rig, and I'll meet you in the dump tomorrow, okay?" JJ pushed John B out of car.

"Three o'clock at the dump" The Routledge nodded in understanding. He grabbed his sister and kissed the crown of her head. "Keep an eye on her" he told JJ.

"Always do"

John B took of running and Saylor cheered him on. "RUN RABIT RUN"

Kie and Pope had left the car to venture onto the Cameron property in hopes of getting Sarah on their side, leaving the two lovers alone in the car.

"He's leaving isn't he" Saylor spoke sadly looking down at her shoes.

"Yeah, he is" JJ sighed moving towards her and putting an arm over her shoulders. "Will you, er. Will you go with him?" He asked hesitantly terrified of her answer.

"I don't know" She answered moving so that she was facing him. "I love you"

"I love you" JJ replied swiftly placing his lips onto hers. The same feeling of safety and comfort washed through them the second their lips touched.

Pope came back to the car before Kie and was greeted with sight of his best friends kissing. This only hurt his freshly wounded heart further.

He joined them in the back of the car not wanting to sit with the girl who had just broken his heart.

"Are you ok P?" Saylor asked when she saw the look of hurt plastered on his face. It was evident he had been crying.

Pope only nodded not trusting his words, especially not when it was Saylor he was talking to but he couldn't stop as a final tear left his eye.

Saylor saw this and used her thumb to gently wipe it away. She then placed a kiss on his cheek where the tear had just fallen. She didn't know why he was upset but she was going to be there for him no matter what, she always would be.

Pope smiled weakly at her actions and linked his hand with hers.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ