𝟎𝟔𝟐: 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬.

Pope, John B and JJ had just completed their incredibly ridiculous plan of stranding the two arguing girls on the boat together

John B and JJ wanted to go find Saylor to put her on the boat with them but Pope insisted she wasn't part of the plan. He told them it was for Sarah's safety so she wouldn't return with a black eye but the real reason was he wasn't going to force Saylor to be with a Cameron.

"Say has been gone all day, it's dark now. I think we should go find her" JJ told his friends as he anxiously fiddled with his fingers.

"I don't know, I think she needs space to clear her head" Pope sighed. Sure he was worried that it was getting dark but he knew there's allot on her mind at the moment.

"If she is not home in half an hour we will go get her" John B looked to the others for confirmation and they nodded in agreement. "I don't get what her problem with Sarah is. I mean I know she's a kook but she was literally  at midsummers with Rafe and Topper. It makes no sense" He ran his hand through this shaggy hair as he swung in the hammock.

"Did we ever find out why she was with them?" JJ asked getting a shake of the head from John B in response.

He kicked the ground annoyed before turning to Pope who was looking down at the ground tight lipped. "Do you know?" He directed the question to the girls best friend. When he didn't response he grew more impatient. "Of course you know! You always know!" It was obvious he was hurt and maybe slightly jealous.

"Look it's just Say.."

"Who's that?" John B cut of Pope seeing head lights heading down the dirt road towards the house. Once he recognised the car he stood angrily to his feet. "What is he doing here?!" He began stomping over to where the Jeep had just parked the 2 boys following closely behind.

"Look, I don't want any trouble all right" Topper held his arms up in defence as he stood in front of his jeep.

JJ scoffed and advanced forward with his fists clenched. He wasn't going to have a civil conversation with someone who literally pushed his best friend... his brother, of a building.

Pope being the calmest of the group wasn't distracted by rage and noticed the figure slumped in the passenger seat "S?" He whispered loud enough for everyone to hear.

Topper stepped to the side and revealed the sleeping girl to the group of friends.

"What the hell did you do to her?!" John B accused angrily getting closer to him.

"What? Nothing! I wouldn't hurt Lor!" The kook defended. When he got scoffs from 2 of the Pogues he clenched his fists. Sure he pushed John B off the Hawsnest but he wasn't thinking straight and it hurt him they thought he would ever lay a finger on the girl.

"I believe you" Pope nodded moving to open the car door and take Saylor inside but Topper raised his hand to stop him.

"You believe him?!" John B questioned shocked.

"Yes I believe him! He held her back so Rafe didn't hurt her, he took her home safely to mine when she was too drunk to do it herself, he helped her escape midsummers and he's here now" Pope listed using his fingers. He definitely wasn't Toppers biggest fan but he did appreciate him looking after his best friend.

"Thanks man" Topper smiled.

"We are not friends" Pope deadpanned causing Topper to nod quickly. "What happened?" He nodded his head over to the drunk brunette in the passenger seat.

"I found her on the beach with an empty bottle of vodka" He sighed taking a moment to work out the best way to explain what she had said. "We spoke for a while about... uh things" the kook didnt want to bring up the Hawks nest situation whilst alone with the guy. "And then she just broke down. Started sobbing. Talking about marriage and giving up. About a Cameron? Whoever that is." The 3 teens listened intently taking in every word. "About your mum... and your dad" Topper looked John B directly in the eye as he spoke about his parents. "But she's drunk and non of it made sense" he concluded.

Pope felt sick. He had never been so worried for the girl. Instantly he knew what she had been talking about. The main thing that concerned him was the mention of 'giving up'.

JJ made his way over to the passenger side and pulled over the door. Delicately he pushed aside hair from her face and slid one arm under her back and the other under her thighs lifting her out from the car. Although she had puffy eyes and mascara covering her cheeks he couldn't help but admire her. "Thanks for bringing her home" sending a small nod to the kook as he took her inside followed by John B.

"Let me know she's ok?" Topper asked the only person that remained outside with him getting a nod. Pope turned to enter the house himself but Topper spoke again. "I really do care about her"

"I know" Pope smiled crookedly before closing the door behind him.

After hearing the Jeep leave he made his way to his best friends room where the other two teens where helping her get to bed.

JJ held her in his arms whilst John B pulled a large hoodie over her body. Wanting to help he pulled the corner of the duvet so she could get under easier.

JJ placed her gently on the bed and watched and his best friends kissed the girls forehead and whispered goodnight. He went to do the same but stopped when he felt a soft hand grab his. "Stay with me" She whispered. He responded sliding into the bed with her and pulling her into his chest. "I love you" Saylor mumbled but it was clear enough to hear.

'She's drunk' he kept reminding himself but it was no use.

Those worlds meant the world to him whether she meant them or not. "I love you too" Kissing the crown of her head they both fell into a deep peaceful sleep.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ