𝟎𝟓𝟒: 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐏𝐨𝐩𝐬.

The group was on the HMS Pogue on the way to Heywards to drop of Saylor and there was an incredibly tense atmosphere

Kie couldn't even look at John B and although she was confused and slightly hurt Saylor had gone do Midsummers with the two kook kings she was worried seeing the state she was in.

Saylor had John Bs jumper on over her dress to keep her warm and laid with her head in Popes lap as he stroked her hair trying to comfort her. Her mind was working on over drive and she still felt the urge to scrub clean of the Camerons touch.

John B was driving the boat but kept glancing over at his twin to check on her. It made absolutely no sense for Saylor to be at midsummers but that thought was brushed aside as he thought about meeting Sarah.

Pope had his best friends head in his lap and remained stroking her hair the entire journey. His face held no emotion as he stared forward at the water. He was angry, he was upset and he felt useless.

JJ had Saylors legs draped over him as he drew shapes onto her ankle. Sure he wanted to answers but he know he wasn't going to get them tonight. His main focus was making sure the girl he loved was ok but it was also hard to ignore the bubbling jealousy at the sight of his girl in Popes lap.

John B pulled up at the Heywards dock and Saylor and Pope stood to their feet. "I will go on my own" she told Pope as she stepped onto the dock. He went to protest but she spoke before he got the chance. "Pops is already mad at you for leaving Midsummers and besides someone needs to keep those idiots in check"

"Are you sure because I could-"

"I'm sure P" she nodded at him and he reluctantly sat back in his seat. "See you guys later" Saylor smiled at the group and they all smiled back. Waving at them as they sailed away her fake smile fell and she hugged herself hoping the smell of her brother from his jumper she was still wearing would comfort her.

It did.

After she knocked on the door she could hear Heyward grumble which made her laugh slightly. "If that's you boy, I swear-" he stopped as he opened the door and was met with his non biological daughter. "Saylor what a nice surprise, what are you doing here? Everything alright?"

"Actually I don't feel great and was wondering if I could stay the night"

"Don't be silly you don't even need to ask, come on in." The older man stepped to the side so she could walk in. "Whats up?" He asked.

"Nothing to worry about i think I just ate some bad food" she lied shrugging her shoulders.

"And do you know why that is?" He questioned rhetorically. "Because you didn't come to the Heyward stand" he concluded earning a laugh from the girl. "Come on you look tired and that dress can't be comfortable" Heyward began ushering her to the bathroom. "I will grab some of Popes clothes for you and you can sleep in his room once you have cleaned up"

"Thanks Pops" she smiled gratefully.

"Anytime" Saylor began walking into the bathroom but Heyward wasn't convinced she was being completely honest with him. He could read her like a glove. "Saylor" he called getting her attention again. The girl stepped back into the hall way. "You sure your ok?" he spoke slowly with wide eyes.

Saylor wanted to fall into his arms and sob but quite frankly she didn't have the energy. She responded with a small nod and locked the bathroom door behind her.

After scrubbing herself raw in the boiling hot shower she now laid in Popes bed dressed in one of his tops and baggy shorts. She felt safe. "Night sweetie" Heyward kissed the crown of her head before turning the light of and shutting the door.

"Night Pops" she whispered before falling asleep.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ