𝟎𝟓𝟑: 𝟐𝟎ᵗʰ 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫.

They arrived at Rixons cove and started a small fire as even though the girls looked great, their dresses weren't the warmest

"Hey, guys. So, like, my dad's already gonna kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope was the first to break through the comfortable silence.

"Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed." JJ encouraged. The mention of the state Ratter and Daniels were left in caused the Routledge girl to grimace.

"You ready for this?" Her brother asked dubbing his hands together.

"Jesus Christ, just tell us" Saylor huffed. Although she was definitely happier being with her freinds she still wanted to scrub her entire body clean of Rafes touch and scream until her lungs gave  out.

"So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant." John B declared.

"Oh, my God. Here we go again with this." Pope groaned and Saylor had to agree with his reaction. Don't get her wrong the gold would solve all of her problems and it would be great to finish what her dad started but after seeing the consequences the two drug ring owners got into after getting involved she was hesitant.

"Hear him out, all right?" The blonde cut in defending his best friend.

"It's been here the whole time. It's on the island."

"Are you serious?" Saylor quizzed leaning forward on the log.

"Oh, my God." Kie whistled excitedly.

"I'd like to voice my skepticism." Pope intruded being the realist he always is.

"I'm sure you would, Pope, but can I please present you with my evidence, sir?" John B put on a posh accent making Saylor smile.

"Proceed." The dark skin boy nodded.

"All right. So, in my backpack, I have a letter from Denmark Tanny."

"Who the hell's that?" The goddess in the purple silk dress asked adjusting her flower crown.

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck. Check this out." The brunette pulled out a piece of paper and passed it over. "Here you go." Kie accepted the paper. "Okay, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but our dad, he found the complete manifest. That was his big discovery." He spoke directly to Saylor. This made Saylor feel closer to her father now she knew more about his work. "So Tanny used the gold from the Merchant to buy his freedom. After that, he bought his farm." He concluded.
"Drumroll, please, because that farm is..."

Everyone started slapping their hands excitedly on their knees.

"Tannyhill Plantation." John B announced.

"Tannyhill?" Saylor made sure she heard correctly.

"Yeah." Her brother confirmed. "So, after that, he used his money to free even more slaves, and then he sold a shit-ton of rice, which pisses off all the white planters, and then they decide to lynch him. So on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and in the last line of that letter, he leaves a coded message about where to find the gold. Harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water." He left room for some dramatic silence. "Except... there's no wheat. You see, wheat is code for gold. Check this out. The gold is in parcel nine, near the water."