Chapter 1

Previously on Prologue

I don't want to get too attached with people... as I don't want to feel the pain of losing them. So I chose to keep my distance and keep everything to myself. I became a cold and reserved girl. But deep inside my heart... I still wish I can find a place...

A Place I Call Home

-Arrival... Derry, Maine-

Y/N P.O.V

I look around the house one last time. I'm leaving to a new town today. A small town called Derry, which is located in Maine.

I'll be staying with my aunt there. Her name is Y/A/N L/N. She's my dad's little sister. She's a nice person and all... but she'll never able to replace my real parents.

My real parents passed away when I was a kid. They were killed... the worst part is... I saw everything as it all happened right in front of my eyes.

What happened that day still haunt me 'till this days. It keeps giving me nightmare from time to time. I'd wake up... drenched in cold sweat and shaking from fear whenever it happened.

"Come on, Y/N... we're going to miss our flight!" I hear my aunt say. "Coming!" I said. I head out of the room after whispering goodbyes. Then I make my way out of the house.

My aunt smiles at me. "Are you ready to go, honey?" She said. I nod my head and give her a small smile. She gestured me towards the car. I just stare at the car, not knowing what to do.

"Is something wrong?" She asked. I just look down, not saying a word. She walks towards me and bent down to my eye-level. "Are you scared to get inside a car?" She said. I just nod my head slowly. Her eyes soften and she pulls me into a hug.

"It's going to be okay... nothing will happen... you've nothing to worry about..." she said. "That is what they told me, Auntie... but look what happened now. They all died..." I said. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. She caress my hair softly.

"Just this one time... you need to trust me. Nothing is going to happen..." she said, looking at me with a reassuring smile. I just stare into her eyes. Then I take a glance at the car. I turn to look at her again and sigh. I take nervous steps towards the car and get inside.

She gets inside the car as well. I flinch when we place a hand on my thigh. "Just relax... you can keep your eyes close if you want..." she said. I nod my head and close my eyes. I try my best to think that I'm not in a car. Which helps me relax a little.

Time-skip

We finally get off the plane. "Welcome to Derry, my dear. You're going to LOVE it here... this is such a beautiful place" I hear my aunt said. I turn to look at her as we walk out of the airport. Then I look down and continue to walk. One more car ride... then we will reach my new house.

I'm 13 years old. They have to wait for me to turn 13 and after I go to therapist. I remember when I first got out of the hospital 8 years ago... just the sight of car would scared me to death. I remember when I even refused to go outside.

A flash of memory of my mother's death body with glasses on her face. I flinch and start to have hard time to breath. My aunt notices this and is in front of me in an instant.

"Y/N... calm down. Follow my breathing..." she said. I look at her and try my best to follow her. Panics attack like this would happen once in a while. As soon as I remember what happened that day. It would instantly send panic to my body and mind. Panic attacks were normal to me.

After a few deep breathing, I finally calm down. My aunt pulls me into a hug as she looked relieved. I just close my eyes as I lean my head on her shoulder with my arms still stay on my sides.

"I'm sorry..." I said. "Why are you sorry?" She asked, pulling away to look at me. "For being so weak..." I said, looking down. Tears are building up in my eyes.

She place a hand on my cheek and tilt my head to look at her. "Don't be sorry, honey... To witness something like that at such a young age... it only makes sense if you behave this way... you're going through a deep trauma right now... and no one will blame you..." she said. I smile weakly at her. She smiles softly at me and gently caress my cheek.

"Are you ready to go now?" She asked. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down. I nod my head "yeah..." I said. She smiles softly and kiss my cheek. We head towards a car. Then I get inside the car. My aunt walks walks around and get inside the driver's seat. I hold my hands together out of nervousness.

"Just close your eyes... listen to music or something" I heard my aunt said. I close my eyes and place my headphones on. I play a song to calm myself down. Music is the one thing that can calm me down. So whenever I have panic attacks, I would start to listen to a song.

After a while, my aunt gently tap me on the shoulder. But it still startled me as I flinch. I open my eyes and take my headphones off.

"Sorry..." she said. I shake my head as a sign that it's okay. "We're here..." she said, gesturing me to look outside. I turn my head to see a house.

"It's beautiful

"It's beautiful..." I said, turning to look at my aunt. She smiles at me. Then she gets out of the car and I do the same, feeling glad that I don't have to be in a car again.

"Do I get to choose my room?" I asked. "Of course, honey..." she said. I smile happily and head inside. I walk around the house, opening the bedroom door one by one. Until eventually I settle on one.

"This one?" I hear my aunt said

"This one?" I hear my aunt said. I turn to look at her and nod my head. "Yes..." I said. "Very well... come on... let's get your stuff..." she said. I nod my head and walks along with her.

I grab my suitcase and head upstairs again. I place it on my bed and start to unpack. I arrange the room, adding my own addition to it.

The last thing I grab is a photo frame. I turn my body and take a seat on the bed. I stare into the photo. It's a picture of me and my parents. I place my hand on the picture and gently caress it.

"Mom... dad... I miss you guys. Why do you have to leave me so soon..." I said, in a hush tone. Droplets of tears starts to land on the photo. I was so young when I lost my parents. It was such a painful thing to experience... the worst feelings to have.

I wipe the tears and place it on the nightstand. They would want me to move on. So that's what I'm going to do. I'll try my best to start a new life here in Derry. I hope things will get better for me. Life at Derry...

How bad can it be?

*to be continued*