Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

A boy with glasses nodded his head in agreement. "He is right. You can talk to us... we'll listen" he said. Richie Tozier. The trashmouth. I just stay silent as look at them back and forth. Then I just look down. Tears begin to stream down my cheeks. I burst into tears as I hug my knees.

-Breaking My Wall-

Y/N P.O.V

I continue to cry softly. "Somebody do something! How do you comfort a crying girl!" Eddie yelled, in panic as he shakes Richie. "I don't fucking know!! Would you fucking stop shaking me!! I'm getting dizzy!!" Richie yelled, back. "Sorry..." Eddie said, pulling back. But Richie falls on the ground due to dizziness.

Bill sighs as he sits next to me. "S-Sorry a-about t-t-them. They a-a-are al-always like t-that..." he said. I just stay silent, not saying a word. He smiles softly at me.

"I-I h-heard y-y-you s-sing... y-you c-ca-can speak, c-can you?" He stuttered. I just look away from him. I keep my eyes on strain on the ground. I hear Bill let out a soft sigh.

"S-Stan s-said your c-condition is c-called selective m-m-mutism..." he said. I just nod my head to let him know it's true. He hums "s-so... y-you can s-speak o-only to the p-people you t-trust..." he said. I nod my head again.

The other boys finally stops fighting. They sit around me. I just keep my eyes down, to avoid making any eye-contact with them.

"You know you can trust us. We're not going to hurt you" Eddie said. "Yeah. Especially after you stood up for us..." Stan said, nodding his head in agreement at what Eddie just said.

I just look at them back and forth. Can I trust them? Can I open up to them? I'm scared... what if they end up leaving me like my parents did. If not from death, they might keep their distance from me. Then I will go through the pain again.

Time-skip

I wanted to leave. But they convinced me to stay and hang out with them. I have no choice but to agree. But they're not having that. So... I just follow their request and stay here.

I sit by the rock as I watch them play around in the water. "Come on! Join us! It's refreshing!" Richie yelled out. I shake my head, letting him know I don't want to swim.

Bill just frown and swims towards me. Then he gets out of the water and walks towards me. "C-C-Come on... l-loosen u-up a l-little... it's... i-it's fun" he said. I let out a sigh and stand up. I take off my shorts and crop top. Then I walk towards the water.

"There we go! Chicken fight!!!" Richie yelled. I let out a yelp when someone suddenly lift me up on the shoulders. I look down to see Bill. He smiles as he looks at me.

"Attack!!!" Richie said as he carries Eddie. I lift my hand and try to push him off. It was a struggle, but I manage to push him. I jump off Bill's shoulders. He lifts his hand for a high five and I did so. I give him a wide grin, him giving me a smile.

I look at the sky, realizing it's starting to get pretty late. I clap my hand trying to get their attention. They turn to look at me. I point at the sky and they look up.

"I think she's trying to tell us that it's starting to get late..." Stan said. The others nods in agreement. "W-We s-should go n-now..." Bill stuttered. We swim out of the water. I put on my clothes.

"Want us to escort you?" Eddie asked. I look at them and nod my head. It would be nice... I don't wanna be alone, after what happened earlier. They nod their heads. Then we make our way towards our bike. I get on top of it and starts cycling. They cycle around me, acting like a bunch of guards.

It didn't take long to reach my house. I stare at the house in front of me, feeling worried. I'm scared that it might come back. What if it tries to attack me.

"What's the matter, Y/N?" Stan asked. I turn to him and shake my head. "Well... we should probably go now..." Eddie said. I nod my head. I don't want them to linger around too long. Especially since it's almost night time. Who knows... the thing that attacked me might be lurking out there.

I snap out of my thought when Stan snaps his finger in front of my face. I turn to look at him, clueless. "I said... have a good night, Y/N..." he said. I smile and nod my head. They smile at me and turns around. I stare at their back as they walk back towards their bike. Maybe it's time for me to break my wall. I'm a human... and a human needs interaction. Not having any interaction is the same thing as being dead.

I nod my head, trying to reassure myself. I take a deep breath and runs forward, grabbing the closest boy's wrist. Which happens to be Bill.

"G-Guys w-wait!" He said. The others stops walking and turns to look at him. Bill turns to look at me. "D-Do y-you need s-s-something?" He said. I look down and take a deep breath. Then I look up at them.

They stare at me. I smile softly at them. "Thank you, guys... " I said. Their eyes went wide as they stare at me in shock. I giggle softly at their reaction. I mean, who could blame them? After all... they all know me as a mute girl.

"I really had fun today... this is the first time I have ever felt like there's nothing to be afraid of and for that... thank you so much..." I said, smiling happily at them. They broke into a grin and gather around me, engulfing me in a group hug. I smile and close my eyes, letting myself melt in their hugs.

They pull away and smiles at me. "I can't believe it... I can't believe that we'll actually hear your voice!" Eddie said. "Yeah! This is amazing!" Richie said, happily. He makes a gesture to say that he's mind blown. I giggle at him.

They wave bye at me. "Bye guys..." I said, waving at them. They grin, looking as if they still don't believe that I finally talk to them. I smile as I watch them walk away. They get on their bike. They wave at me one more time, then they leave on their bikes.

*to be continued*