Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3

"I did... no reaction. So I smack you instead" he said. I turn to the others to see them nodding. "O-Oh..." I stuttered out. But I can't help but glance at the h/c girl again. "See?? You keep staring at her" He said. I huffed and finally look away from the girl.

Who is she?

-Finally... It's Summer!!-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting at the dining table, eating my breakfast. I just eat in silence, with my aunt sitting across from me.

"Honey?" I hear her calling out for me. I look up at her. "Yeah?" I said. "Today is your last day... then summer. Don't you wanna try to look for friends? You can't keep being alone, Y/N..." She said. I just look down.

I let out a sigh and cross my spoon and fork on top of the plate. Then I stand up from the seat. "I'm going now... thank you for the food" I said, as I grab my backpack. "Y/N wait!" She said. But I didn't give her a chance to speak as I'm already making my way out of the house. I mount my bike and start cycling to school.

My aunt have been trying to get me to open up. Ever since what happened with my parents. But no matter how hard she tried... she never seem to succeed.

Plus... it's not like I don't want to make friends... it's because I can't. My fear won't let me open up. Every time I try to speak to people aside from my aunt. My voice just won't come out.

After a while of cycling, I finally reach school. I stop my bike at the station. Then I grab my headphone which is laying on my neck. I pull it up to my ear and play a song. I place my hand inside the pocket of my jacket and head inside the school building.

As always... everyone is staring at me. Over the past times I've been here. I never said a word to anyone. All they knew about me was my name and nothing more.

Time-skip

The bell rings... and it's officially summer! Finally! A break from all the school's stupid drama.

I pack my stuff and walk out of the classroom. I keep my gaze down, not caring what people said about me as I walk past them.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I see a group of 4 boys. Also known as the Losers. But in my eyes... they are not a loser.

I envy their friendships. The way they always have each other's back. I wish someone would have mine. But I just can't seem to voice out my thought. Every time I tried... the words would only stuck on my throat. In result, I would always feel as if something suffocated me.

I walk out of the school building. I turn to the boys to see him dumping all their books inside the trash can. I linger for a bit as I watch them.

Richie P.O.V

"Best feeling ever" Stanley said, as I dump all my school book. "Yeah? Try tickling your pickle for the first time" I said. "Hey what are you guys planning to do tomorrow?" Eddie asked. "Start training" I said. "What training?" He asked. "Street fighter" I said. He looks at me in disbelief.

"That's how you wanna spend your summer? Inside an arcade?" He said. "Beat spending it inside your mother. Oh!!" I said, turning to Stanley for a high-five. But he just lowered my arm. "Let's go to the Quarry" Stanley said. "G-Guys... w-we h-have the b-b-barrens" Bill said. "Right..." Stanley said. He's been trying to search for his brother.

Not gonna lie... but I think his brother is dead. I just don't say a word about it, not wanting to hurt his feelings. He's been quite obsessed in trying to find him.

"Betty Ripsom's mom..." Eddie said. I turn to look at where he's looking. "Is she really expecting her to walk out of school?" Stan said. "Someone said she's been hiding..." Eddie said. "I wonder if they would actually find her..." Stanley said.

"Sure! In a ditch... all decomposed with worms and maggots, smelling like Eddie's mom's underwear" I said, pointing at Eddie. He looks at me in disgust. "Shut up! That's fucking disgusting" he said. "S-She is not d-dead... she's m-m-missing" Bill said. "Sorry, Bill. She's missing..." I said. Eddie and Bill starts to walk away. I follow along with Stanley behind me.

"You know the Barrens aren't that bad. Who doesn't love splashing around in shitty water!" I said. I try to walk but I feel a pull on my back. Then I got send to Stanley and we stumble on the ground. I turn my head and sigh. Great... here comes the Bowers.

"Nice frisbee, flamer" Patrick on of them said. He's holding his Jew hat thingy. I can't seem to remember the name. "Give it back!" He tried to take it back, but he just throw it inside a passing bus.

Belch burps in Eddie's ear, sending him gagging. "Losers" Bowers said, bumping into Bill. They walk away from us.

"Y-You s-s-suck! B-B-Bowers!" Bill said. "Shut up, Billy!" Eddie said. They turn around to face us. "Y-You s-s-s-say s-something, B-B-Billy?" He mocked Bill's stuttering.

He walks towards us and raise his hand, looking as if he wanted to punch Bill. Out of no where, someone comes between us. The person grabs Bower's arm and twist it behind his back, while facing the rest of their gang.

"Hey! Who the fuck are you??" He yelled, struggling to get out of the grip

"Hey! Who the fuck are you??" He yelled, struggling to get out of the grip. But the person just kicks him, sending him back towards his gang. He turns around looking furious. His eyes widened when he realize who it is.

His surprise expression turns into smug. "Well well well... if it isn't the mute girl" he said, smirking. It was the new girl. The girl everyone knows as the quiet girl. I can't believe she just stood up against the bullies. The girl we only know as...

Y/N L/N

*to be continued*