Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

"Why don't you shut the fuck up, Einstein? Cause I know what I'm doing and I don't need you to go British guy on me-" before Eddie could finish his sentence, Richie cuts him off. "Suck the wound! Get in there!!" He said. Eddie just sighs and continue treating Ben's wound. While I try my best to stop laughing.

-Hanging Out At The Quarry-

Y/N P.O.V

I ride my bike as always, heading towards the Quarry like we all planned yesterday.

It's not that far, so it didn't take too long for me to reach there. I park the bike and get off. I walk up behind the boys to see they are playing loogie. Then Eddie and Richie starts arguing over who won. They are arguing over mash and distance. I gag at them. Typical boys.

"Okay... that's so gross..." I said, making them jump as none of them knew I was here. I giggle and walk up next to them.

"H-Hey, Y-Y/N..." Bill said. "Hey, Bill..." I said, with a smile. I look down at the water. Then at the boys. "Well... are you guys going to jump?" I asked. They look at each other.

"Who's going first?" Stan said. I roll my eyes at them. I hear bike behind us and turn around. I smile when I see Beverly.

"I will!" She said, smiling at us. Then she takes off her dress. "Sissies..." she said, running forward and jumps. "What the fuck!!" Richie said. She landed on the water.

"We just got shown up by a girl!!" He said, again. I smirk and walk to the edge. I face them and wink. "Make that two girls" I said. I raise my hands in the air and do a flip into the water.

"Holy shit!!!" I hear Richie said

"Holy shit!!!" I hear Richie said. Then I enter the water. I re-surface and salute at him. "Good job, Y/N!" I hear Beverly said, raising a hand. I turn to her and give her a high five.

I look back up at them, to see none of them making a move to jump. "Come on, pussies!!!" I yelled. They look at each other. Then starting from Bill, they start to jump one by one.

They gather around in the water. "See? That wasn't so bad..." I said. They roll their eyes at me. I let out a yelp when someone suddenly lift me up. I look down to see Richie.

He looks up at me and grin. "The last time we're here... Bill have you on his shoulder. Now it's my turn..." he said, grinning at me. Beverly got on Bill's shoulder, then we play chicken fight like the last time. I manage to beat Beverly, making me cheer.

Time-skip

We've been playing around in the water for too long. So Beverly and I choose to sun bath to dry ourselves. We lay our towel and lay down. I close my eyes as I let myself relax.

We I lay there, I can feel eyes on me. I nudge Beverly softly and leans towards her. "Do you think they are watching us?" I said. "On 3?" She said back. "Okay" I said, nodding my head. "1... 2... 3" we said together and turn our head. The boys instantly pretends that they weren't staring at us.

Richie starts rummaging through Ben's backpack. "News flash, Ben! School is out of the Summa!" He said, attempting to mimic a reporter. I giggle at him.

"Oh that's not school stuff..." Ben said. "What's with the history project?" Eddie asked. "When I first got here... I don't really have any friends. So I spend most of my time at the library" Ben explained. "You went to the Library... on purpose?" Richie said. "I don't see a problem in that, Richie. I love to be in the library too..." I said. He stays quiet as he don't have any remarks. Well... that's new.

"Why is it all about murder?" Stan said. "Oh I wanna see..." I said, standing up and walk towards them. I sit next to Richie. Beverly sits next to Bill.

"Derry isn't like any town I've ever been to before. The murder case are more than national average. But that's just the adults. Kids are worse... way way worse..." Ben said. This makes me gulp nervously. I wonder if this has something to do with that clown.

"I have more stuff in my house if you guys wanna see..." he offered. Eddie quickly shakes his head, not wanting to go. But we all go in the end.

At Ben's House.

Ben leads us to his room. His room is covered in all kinds of posters. I look around in awe. This guy sure have a lot of time for himself. He gathered so many information. He's not kidding when he said he have no friends. Well... I was like that too... but I have my reasons, and I'm sure Ben isn't like me.

"Wow..." Richie said. "Pretty cool, huh?" Ben said, looking proud. "No... no no no... not cool. Well... this is cool. Wait... no it's not..." Richie said, after looking at a poster. I don't know what that poster is about. I turn my head to look at Beverly. She moves the door to reveal a poster of a band, New Kids On The Block.

Ben looks flustered by that. I pat his shoulder. "What is the matter, Ben?" I said. "N-Nothing..." he said. "I know well that's not nothing. You're embarrassed because she found out you stan that group?" I said. He looks down.

"Don't be... we all have a music preference..." I said. "Right... what's yours?" He said. "Oh... I love f/m (fav music)" I said, smiling at him. He smiles back at me.

I turn my head to look at the window and my eyes widened. "Ah Crap! It's starting to get late! I have to go home or my aunt will be angry with me" I said. I turn to the boys.

"Bye guys! See you uh... maybe tomorrow?" I said. "Yeah... see you tomorrow, Y/N..." Beverly said. I smile at her and wave at them. They wave back at. I turn around and walk out of Ben's room. Then out of the house. I get on my bike and start cycling home.

Soon I reach home and park my bike. I enter the house and instantly got greeted by my aunt, who's standing right in front of me with a stern face. I let out a nervous laugh and gulp.

"H-Hey... a-auntie..." I said. "What time is this?" She said, pointing at the clock. I look behind her. "Uh... 7.30?" I said. "I told you to be back before 6..." she said. I look down in guilt.

"I'm sorry..." I said. I hear her sighing. Then I feel myself getting pulled into a hug. "It's okay... you were out with your friends, right?" She said. I nod my head.

She pulls away and cups my cheeks. "You're getting significantly better after being friends with them... and that is all I want... just make sure to keep track of the time next time, 'Kay?" she said, smiling softly at me. "Okay..." I said, nodding my head. "Go and getting some rest..." she said. I wave at her and head upstairs to my room. I grab my clothes and head to the bathroom for a quick shower.

I walk back to my room once I'm done, wearing a much comfortable clothes. Then I flop myself on the bed and close my eyes, letting myself drift off to deep sleep.

*to be continued*

A Place To Call Home (Richie Tozier X Reader X Bill Denbrough) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara