Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

"Great... now you broke it" Eddie said. "I broke it?" Stan said. "Yeah... with your face. I'm not putting my fucking hand down there..." Eddie said. I let out a sigh at these two. They're always bickering nonsense.

-Festival-

Y/N P.O.V

Me and the Losers decided to go to a festival. My aunt haven't got me a new bike yet, as she was very busy the past few days. That means I had to ride with one of the Losers. So I'll be riding with Bill today.

"This will be my first time attending a festival here" I said, as I hold onto Bill's waist. Stan turns his head to look at me. "Oh really? How long have you been here?" He asked. I shrug my shoulder. "Just a few months... I got here a week before school starts. Until now... which is summer... so... I think about... 6 months... so I'm pretty new to this town..." I said. He hums in respond.

We finally reach our destination. I get off Bill's bike and follow the others. They are walking towards something that is attached on the wall. It's a poster of the missing kids.

I hear footsteps and turn my head to see Eddie. He's holding 2 ice-creams in his hands. He hands one to Richie. Richie turns to me. "You want some?" He asked, offering his cold treat. I smile softly at him and holds my hair as I take a bite. "Thanks, Rich..." I said. He smiles at me, there's a hint of pink on his cheeks. Then he starts eating the ice-cream.

"What are they talking about?" Eddie asked. "What they always have..." Stan said. I turn my head to look at the others. They are just staring at the posters. I turn my head to take a look as well.

Michael Corcoran. They flip the poster to reveal the next missing kids. "It's like she's been forgotten ever since Corcoran went missing..." I hear Stan said. I let out a sigh.

"New cases keeps on coming... is this ever going to end?" I said to no one in particular. "I think it does... for a while, actually..." Ben said. "W-What do you m-mean?" Bill said. We turn our heads to look at Ben.

"I was going through all of my Derry researches... the Ironworks Explosion in 1908, the Bradley Gang in '35, the Black Spot in '62. Now all the children are disappearing..." Ben said.

My eyes widened in shock as I count everything he mentioned. "I realize that this whole thing happens every..." Ben start. "27 years..." Bill and I said. He nods his head, confirming it's true.

Time-skip

We are now sitting by the bench. As there are a show behind us. I sit in silent in between Richie and Bill. I just listen as they are discussing what we just found out.

"So... are you saying that whatever this thing is. It comes... eats children. Then what? Goes back to hibernation?" Eddie said. "Maybe it's like that bug... what are they called... Cicadas. You know... the bug that comes back every 17 years?" Stan said. "One thing doesn't make any sense..." I said, after staying quiet for sometime. They all turn to look at me.

"Why does it comes back every 27 years? What happened that day when it first started..." I said. We all stay silent as none of us knows the answer.

"My grandfather thinks this town is cursed..." Mike suddenly said. I turn to look at him. "He said that... whatever it is... comes from one thing that feeds off the people of Derry..." he continues. "But it can't be one thing... we all saw different things..." Stan said.

"I saw a leper... it's like a walking infection..." Eddie said. I can see him shaking slightly. I pat his back in attempt to calm him down. They all then turn to look at me. I look at them back and forth. I let out a sigh as I know what they want.

"I saw my parents... they look exactly like how they died" I said. I take a deep and shaky breath. "I saw my dad died. He got shot in the head by a bunch of men in black. Then my mother and I were on the run, and this car suddenly came at us at full speed. Our car got sent rolling on the road. My mom died with shards of glasses covering her face. The sight terrifies me and it keeps haunting me... I just don't get it... how did it knows?" I said, blinking back the tears.

I cover my mouth to not make any sound. Bill wraps his arms around my shoulder, pulling me closer. I lean my head against his shoulder. Richie holds my hand as the two of them tries their best to sooth me.

"Maybe it knows our fears... and that's what we saw" Ben said. "But none of them are real. Not Bill seeing Georgie. Not Eddie's leper. Not Y/N's parents... and not the woman I kept on seeing..." Stan said. "Is she hot?" Richie said. I smack his shoulder, making him wince.

"No Richie! She's not hot! Her face is all messed up. None of it is real! It's like a nightmare..." Stan said. "It's not a nightmare..." Mike said. We turn to look at him.

He sighs and looks away from us. I can feel sadness radiating from him. "I know the differences between nightmare and reality..." he said. "What happened?" I said. "You guys know the house that burns down in Harris Avenue?" He said. We nod our heads. "When the fire happens. I was locked in a room. My parents were on the room before me. They kept banging on the door. When the firefighters finds them... their hands were melted down to the bones..." he said. I let out a gasp. "I'm sorry to hear that, Mike..." I said. He smiles at me. "I'm sorry about yours too, Y/N..." he said.

"How are we seeing different things though?" I hear Beverly said. "Two words... shape-shifter. He can see whatever terrifies us... and transform into it to scare us..." I said. "You got that right..." Richie said. I turn to look at him. "What about you? What scares you?" I said. He turns his head to look at the stage. Then he turns to look at me.

Clowns

*to be continued*