Chapter 1 - 1x22

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

Living life on the move wasn't easy. It was hard not to get attached to certain places, certain people, certain homes. 

Since 1864, I had to leave my home of Mystic falls behind forever. If I had stayed, soon people would notice that young girl who strangely never aged, yet possessed no abilities to explain why.

And so I had been on the run for the past 146 years. There were doctors who knew about me, doctors who wouldn't stop searching for me and then finding out the mystery behind my ageing problem. 

As far as I knew, I was the closest thing to the supernatural that I had ever heard of. I had spent many decades looking for other supernatural creatures, any indication at all that I wasn't the only freak in the world, but with no luck. 

I had gotten caught once, in 1906. I had been experimented on for almost 5 decades, before authorities found out about the place, and released us. 

I spent the next century making sure I never made the mistake of getting captured again. I travelled the world and saw all of its wonders, never even daring to go back into my hometown. 

But that was until 2010. I had travelled almost everywhere, been in almost every country, and I had no idea where to go next. 

And so I came back to my quaint town of Mystic Falls. Not much had changed over the years. There were still the same festivities and same founding families, but I felt safer. I knew that no one would think to look for me there, and so I quickly nestled in, hoping for a few quiet years, before I got on the move again. 

Well, the keyword was hoped. What I would soon find out, was that the minute I stepped into the town, my range of supernatural was going to expand by a lot. 

∆ ∆ ∆

I woke up with a jump at the sound of my phone ringing, and turned around in my bed, reaching for the nightstand. 

"Hello?" I croaked in a terrible morning voice. 

"Kaitlyn! Where are you? You promised you would help set up the parade for Founder's day," a male voice chastised, and I groaned hideously. 

"Ugh, Matt, I'm sorry. I must have slept through my alarm," I apologised meekly, hearing him sigh on the line. 

"Okay, that's fine. Just get here as soon as possible," he said, and I agreed. 

Matt Donovan was the only true friend I had made in the few weeks that I had arrived in Mystic Falls. 

My initial plan hadn't been to integrate with society and make friends, but I met Matt when I was lost in town, and he helped show me around. 

He also promised to accompany me when I joined the school in a few days.

And besides, he was a kind person, and I hadn't had the pleasure of knowing many of those.