Chapter 25 - 3x05

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

Mystic Falls looked just as horrible as it was when I left it. I wanted to leave with no attachments, I certainly had broken all of them in the friend department, but I couldn't help but feel nostalgia as I spotted the clock tower and many of the other places I had walked around. 

"Finally. You're awake," Klaus sighed impatiently, opening the door. "Let's go. Rebekah will stay and deal with Stefan."

"Um, excuse me? I'm not going anywhere with you!" I said indignantly, shocked at the emotion in my voice. "Matter of fact, now that I can actually see clearly, I want out of this deal."

"Looks like you are back to your usual self," Klaus grumbled. "And to answer you, no you can't get out of the deal."

"It wasn't a question," I gritted my teeth. 

"And I don't do well with threats love. You ought to know that by now," he reminded me, pulling me by my upper arm. "Now let's go."

"God, you are such a prick!" I exclaimed, shoving him away from me. "I don't want to do more blood and gore today Klaus. I feel like hell."

"Well, you should have thought about that before you got addicted to a personality-switching drug," Klaus said without mercy, grabbing my wrist and pulling me along. 

"Okay, just wait!" I pleaded, feeling like I was going to puke. 

I stepped out of the truck and bounded for a bush, in which I then puked my guts out. By the time I was finished, I wiped my mouth in disgust, spitting the remaining taste on my tongue, before turning to Klaus. His eyes widened and he pointed at my face.

 "Kaitlyn, you're eyes," he whispered, and my hand flew up to touch the rim of my left eye, and came away with blood. 

"What the hell..." I said in a panic. "Is this what withdrawal is supposed to look like? You look like you've had drugs before."

Ignoring my comment, he strode towards me and helped me up. He walked me to the side of a building and let me lean against the wall and regain my breath. 

"You don't have to come with us today," he finally said after a few minutes. "Just rest."

Now that he was giving me a way out, the stubborn and may I saw stupid part of me didn't want to anymore. I hated it when people pitied me, I couldn't stand that concerned glance he was giving me, and I certainly wouldn't go and rest. 

"No, I'm going with you," I jutted my chin up in defiance. "Let's go."

Before I could start walking, he gently pressed me back against the wall. 

"Kaitlyn, the Hellcraft was expected to have bad symptoms, and you never found out what it would have done to your brother if he stopped taking it. We'll need to find a remedy for this, some way to help your condition. Okay? So go home."