Chapter 4 - 2x03

1864 Flashback

1864 Flashback

"I think I'm going to do it tonight with Stefan," Katherine whispered in my ear during dinner time.

"What?!" I shrieked, and my caretaker gave me a warning look. 

My mother was back in her headquarters, having gone through a rather bad episode that afternoon. She had hired someone to look after me in the years she had gotten ill. 

Needless to say, my caretaker wasn't very nice. 

"Ssshhh, Lyn!" Katherine scolded, looking around to see if anyone had heard her. 

"But Kat, you promise you're only going to be with Stefan right?" I asked desperately, getting tired of her charade of loving both brothers. 

"Yes yes Kaitlyn, I will tell Stefan tonight that I love him, and I will inform Damon that we must part," Katherine reassured me, and I sighed in relief. 

Even though Damon was several years older than me, I had the biggest attraction towards him, and I turned into a jealous fiend whenever he spent time with Katherine. 

Honestly, I didn't understand how both brothers hadn't fought to the death for her yet. It was almost as if they didn't know what was happening, even though it was right in front of them. 

"I haven't lost my virginity yet," I giggled to Katherine quietly. 

"No, and you shouldn't for many more years," she warned, and I gave her an odd look. 

"You're only one year older than me, and you're going to lose it tonight," I reminded her, and she rolled her eyes. 

"Lynie, trust me when I say this, at heart, I am much older than you," she told me, and it was my turn to roll my eyes. 

"Whatever you say, Kat," I muttered, shoving a piece of chicken into my mouth. 

End of Flashback.

I had woken up the next morning in a bad state. Last night, I had stayed up late crying over the whole Katherine ordeal. 

I wanted to know about her life, but I just couldn't forget that she had lied to me. Why didn't she trust me enough to tell me what she was? 

And I wondered if she had ever compelled me? Over the past few days, Damon had been telling me about all of the supernaturals in Mystic Falls and their abilities. 

I had learned that in the carnival, the Salvatores had found out that the Lockwood family were werewolves. Apparently, Tyler's uncle who had just come into town was secretly turning every full moon. 

It was so crazy for me to take in. Vampires? Werewolves? Witches? What's next, mermaids? The actual Devil?

Everything that I had ceased to believe in, I was now reconsidering. Did Hell exist? Were unicorns once real? I had no clue.