Chapter 12 - 2x13

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

The Grill was almost empty at this time of night. I had wanted to go get a drink, after the startling information I had learned.

When I walked in, there was only one table taken. Looking closer, I saw that it was Tyler talking to a blonde woman. Was that Caroline? No, it was Jules...

Judging from the vindictive smile on her face, she was telling him something extremely juicy. I stepped closer, pulling my cap over my face so that they couldn't recognize me.

 I sat at the bar and pretended not to pay attention to them when in reality, I was straining to hear what they were saying. 

"I know you're a werewolf. And I know your little friend Caroline, is a vampire," she was saying. 

"How do you know about Caroline?" Tyler defended suspiciously. 

"Kaitlyn told me it was your first full moon, so you can't sniff them out yet," she tattled, and I gritted my teeth in frustration.

 "You've talked to Kaitlyn?" Tyler asked in bewilderment.

"Oh yeah, she told me all about you," the blonde said slyly. 

That vengeful little bi.....

"Do you know where Mason is?" Tyler questioned. 

"He's dead Tyler. He was murdered," Jules revealed. "You wanna know who murdered him? Your little blond vampire did, along with her friends."

"No, stop. Caroline wouldn't..." Tyler tried to say. "Caroline is the only vampire in Mystic Falls. In fact, she's the only supernatural."

"Is that what she told you?" Jules cooed. "She lied. This town is crawling with supernaturals. Vampires, werewolves, witches, and who knows what the Paige girl is."

"Kaitlyn is supernatural?" Tyler said in surprise. 

"Not as innocent as she looks huh?" 

"Who are  you?" Tyler breathed angrily. 

"I'm your friend," Jules said firmly.

That's it. I couldn't just sit here and listen to this anymore. I stood up abruptly, the noise in the quiet Grill catching the attention of the pair. 

I marched out of the Grill quickly, realizing my mistake. Shoot! I shouldn't have brought any attention to myself. I pulled my cap off and started running down the street. 

"You! Stop!" I heard Tyler bellow but kept going. 

I heard his thunderous footsteps running after me, and eventually, I slowed. If I kept running, I would definitely be proving my guilt. I needed to show him that I wasn't the enemy. 

"Tyler. Listen to me," I panted, out of breath. 

He reached me, looking angry and confused. We were in the town square, but it was extremely late now, and no one was out here but us.