Chapter 36 - 3x20+21

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

"Do you want to go to a dance with me?" Klaus whispered as soon as my eyes opened.

He was hovering over me in his bed, scaring me half to death.

"What?" I muttered incoherently, still half-dead from sleep-deprivation.

"There's a dance at the high school tonight. I thought it might cheer you up if we go," Klaus pressed a little kiss on the tip of my nose for good measure, as if that would convince me to go.

"Ughhhhhh," I groaned. "My social battery is dead."

"You're social battery has probably been dead for the past decade," Rebekah sauntered in, pulling the covers off of Klaus and I as I shrieked in indignation. "C'mon, mopey time is over. You killed your brother, but now is the time to get over it."

"Sensitivity darling, has never been your strong suit," Kol walked in after her, rolling his eyes at his sister.

"What is this? The Kaitlyn comforting squad?" I propped myself up on my elbows, acutely aware that I was wearing a minimal amount of clothes.

"Rebekah love, can you get rid of Kol and his lingering eyes before I'm tempted to dagger him?" Klaus asked sweetly, promptly covering me up again.

My phone rang and I shooed them all out, Klaus insisting he stayed since it was his room after all. I picked up the call to see that it was Caroline.

"Hey," she said in a voice that was all too sad.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked quickly, wondering what possible life and death situation could be happening today.

"I heard about you and Elena," she sighed. "They are not happy with you..."

"Oh right, that," I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I really screwed up. I know that."

"Well, I think you had the right meaning, it just wasn't conveyed very effectively. Elena still has marks over her neck," Caroline said.

"You're making me feel terrible. I should probably try to apologise to her at the dance, though I don't think it'll be very effective. Honestly, I think my friendships with Stefan and Elena are falling away, well, if I even ever had one with her. I hope Damon still thinks I'm decent. Actually, on second thought, he probably hates me too after I left him with Rebekah in the Mikaelson house. I can't believe I'm closer to them now that I am with my old friends."

"Wait, you're going to the dance?" Caroline asked with a hint excitement.

"That's what you derived out of all of this?" I raised an eyebrow as I bit back a laugh.

"Sorry, I just was thinking of asking Rebekah, but I'm scared she'll say no. So you were my second option."

"Gee thanks," I said dryly. "I was going with Klaus and I really think you should ask Rebekah."