Chapter 8 - 2x08

1864 Flashback

1864 Flashback

I was going to my mother's room to check on her again, when I saw my brother coming out of the room, with a slow smirk on his face. His hand was gripping some weapon that looked extremely ancient and weird. 

"Liam?" I asked tentatively, anxious to approach the boy. 

Ever since our mother got sick, he had developed a crazy wild streak, often going blind with anger and lashing out at anything or anyone in his way. 

"What do you want Kaitlyn," he muttered in disgust, basically walking past me.

 "What were you doing in Mother's room?" I interrogated suspiciously. "You didn't hurt her, did you?"

"Now why would you be stupid enough to ask that?" he sneered. "Of course I didn't hurt her dummy."

"Whatever Gibface," I murmured under my breath. (A/N: Gibface is a slang word from the 1800s that means an ugly person with a heavy lower jaw)

"What did you just call me?" he stopped walking and looked at me furiously. 

"Nothing," I mumbled in annoyance, but his hand shot out to grip my upper arm. 

Suddenly he started hauling me away from our mother's door and into his room. 

"I'm so sick of you thinking you can just prance around the house ordering people around. You're a woman, you have no power over anyone, so just accept it. You will not talk to me like that again, do you understand?" he snarled. 

"Or what?" I said boldly, and his eyes narrowed, glinting sadistically. 

He turned the weapon around, so that he was holding it by the blade, and didn't even notice the metal cutting into his skin. 

Then he swiftly swung it through the air, and the hilt of it slammed into my cheekbone with an overwhelming force.

I cried out in pain as I crashed onto the ground, clutching the already forming bruise. 

"Disobey me again, and I'll do much worse," he threatened, and I bared my teeth at him.

 "You don't get to treat me like that!" I screamed, picking myself up from the ground and kicking him in his stomach.

 He grunted in pain and dropped his weapon. I picked it up quickly, and held it in my hands, ready to wield if he so much as moved. 

As soon as I touched it, a rush of power flowed through me.

Liam charged towards me, and I pivoted the weapon towards his chest, hitting it hard enough so that he was short of breath. 

"You can hit me as much as you want," he panted. "But that won't change the fact that your nothing. You don't have a place in this family, and you never will."